Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-31-2007, 12:50 PM   #1
GHOSTHUNTR

Last chance yellowtail

This being the last day of the month, I figured I had to squeeze in one more trip, even though I had to be home in Poway by 9:30. I went straight out hoping to save some time, but I had a hard time making bait. Frustrating because it was all over the place and everyone else was catching it. Finally, after about an hour, I decided to try a different sabiki. First drop, big greenback. Pinned it on and maybe five minutes later got picked up. Came right toward me at first, and was almost at color when it really took off. During the fight, a guy named Toby paddled by to check out the fight. Nice guy, although he had nothing good to say about the WCW. Anyway, when I had the fish gaffed and clipped, we both noticed how green and beautiful this 'tail was. Awesome looking fish! Wish I had a waterproof camera or housing, I'm still working on that one. I'm headed to Rancho Leonero for a week on Monday, I'll make a report when I get back.
GHOSTHUNTR is offline   Reply With Quote