Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-17-2009, 12:38 PM   #1
zenspearo

Watermen's Alliance Announces Two Grants: To CFC and PSO

With great pleasure, I've been requested to publish the following:

From the Watermen's Alliance:

The Watermen's Alliance has recently decided to make two grants to the following two organizations: California Fisheries Coalition (CFC--the people behind FIN/FIC and External A map) and Partnership for Sustainable Oceans (PSO).

Each grant is $2,000 and earmarked for activities related to the MLPA implementation in California. Both checks have been delivered to the respective organizations, with thanks from spearos and all watermen alike for their efforts.

Further grants are comptemplated and will be announced to these and other organizations as the time comes.

The Watermen's Alliance is a grassroots organization promoting ocean access, conservation, and unity among all watermen. Support for the Watersmen's Alliance comes from generous contributions by individual spearos and friends in the kayakfishing, H&L and other ocean loving communities.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WA logo.jpg (4.0 KB, 77 views)
Old 09-17-2009, 01:00 PM   #2
Holy Mackerel
Señor member

Thanks Joe!

Is there a way for kayakers to contribute to get one of those Watermen Alliance shirts, and Pizza?

I'm in for that!
Holy Mackerel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 05:48 PM   #3
zenspearo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Mackerel View Post
Thanks Joe!

Is there a way for kayakers to contribute to get one of those Watermen Alliance shirts, and Pizza?

I'm in for that!
Absolutely Chris.

T-Shirt: Contact scottywotty over at spearboard (you have a userid so if you can help the kayakfishermen brothers out, that would be great) and scott will square you away for $20/shirt. That's what I paid for mine, by the way. Or for $40 donation, you'll get a shirt AND the WA's eternal gratitude as the WA uses this money to promote ocean access for everyone.

Pizza: On the pizza--do you kayakfishing guys have to ask? LMAO. Just come on by at the Oct. BRTF meeting during the break before the evening session.

Donation or not, the WA will be very happy and honored to feed you kayakfishermen alongside spearos, H&Ls, and others on our side. I'll make sure of it. You kayakfishermen have fought long and hard with the good fight--least the WA could do is feed you.

Caveat: If you wear a blue shirt, some volunteer may spit on your pizza before handing it over--so don't wear a blue shirt. J/K..kinda...