Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-06-2015, 05:56 PM   #1
mpc

New kid in town

Well, more like old dude. I picked up a couple of used kayaks recently to get the kids away from video games a bit more. I've been enjoying reading some of the threads and picking up on some good ideas on this site while I'm outfitting my kayak for ocean fishing.

I'm in Vista, so I'll be frequenting Oceanside Harbor for awhile until I'm a stronger paddler and get a little better prepared for a beach launch. I'm not an awesome fisherman; I have a lot to learn. Most of my fish I've taken from below as a former scuba diver. Anyway, I'm looking forward to getting some more time on the water as soon as life's other commitments allow.
mpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 05:59 PM   #2
momo fish

Welcome and doing the right steps so far...
momo fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 08:27 PM   #3
Cadillyak
Team Get $$

Welcome. Beware things can get addicting quick. I'm thinking about introducing a kayak anynamous group.
Cadillyak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 08:49 PM   #4
FISH11

Welcome to the addiction, if you do it right, you'll soon be spending more time with your Yak than your family.
Old 05-06-2015, 09:08 PM   #5
JarrodMc

Welcome aboard. If you're hitting Oside, look up where the artificial reefs (ARs) are. There's usually decent fishing to be had around there.
Old 05-07-2015, 06:41 AM   #6
mpc

Thanks. I did find some AR locations while poking around on the net.
Old 05-13-2015, 08:54 AM   #7
mpc

LaJolla Shores Questions

Is the parking lot at LaJolla Shores open 24 hours or is it restricted to certain hours of the day? Is there a preferred beach location to put in or is the entire length of beach open for launching?

I'm hoping to be there in the early morning either this Saturday or Sunday (although I might end up back at Oceanside Harbor if I'm short on time).
Thanks.
Old 05-13-2015, 02:44 PM   #8
Scoot
Scoot

Street parking

I've only parked on the street, you can drive right
on the beach to launch!
Scoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 04:10 PM   #9
TJones

Less video games

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpc View Post
Well, more like old dude. I picked up a couple of used kayaks recently to get the kids away from video games a bit more. I've been enjoying reading some of the threads and picking up on some good ideas on this site while I'm outfitting my kayak for ocean fishing.

I'm in Vista, so I'll be frequenting Oceanside Harbor for awhile until I'm a stronger paddler and get a little better prepared for a beach launch. I'm not an awesome fisherman; I have a lot to learn. Most of my fish I've taken from below as a former scuba diver. Anyway, I'm looking forward to getting some more time on the water as soon as life's other commitments allow.
More family time . Amen . It's sad . When I was young , we went riding bikes , or picked up a ball . If I was lucky , I got to spend time on the water with pops . Much props . When the time is right , take the kayak to la jolla and play in surf . You will accelerate your learning curve very rapidly .
TJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 04:13 PM   #10
TJones

Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by FISH11 View Post
Welcome to the addiction, if you do it right, you'll soon be spending more time with your Yak than your family.
TJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 04:18 PM   #11
mpc

Thanks. Looks like surf may be picking up by this weekend, so I'm probably better suited for another trip to Oceanside. Still getting use to having the extra gear on board.
I took my oldest padding Sunday. Ended up towing him about half the time, so he needs to get a bit stronger before he can kayak fish with me.
Old 05-13-2015, 05:02 PM   #12
tacmik

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpc View Post
Is the parking lot at LaJolla Shores open 24 hours or is it restricted to certain hours of the day? Is there a preferred beach location to put in or is the entire length of beach open for launching?

I'm hoping to be there in the early morning either this Saturday or Sunday (although I might end up back at Oceanside Harbor if I'm short on time).
Thanks.
The entrance to the parking lot is usually locked at night. However they leave the exit open and you can access the lot that way. Have never been hassled or ticketed.