Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-18-2012, 09:31 PM   #1
yaky yak

Lost rod and reel LJ.

I had an embarrassing wipe out this late afternoon at the LJ launch. I miss judged some and my timing was off. I had everything lashed down but my pride and joy 9ft superseeker jig rod and reel came off its leash.
This was while high tide was coming in so it might be found at low tide.
Anyone finds it could they please PM me. I saved up for months to buy that rod. Thanks.
yaky yak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 06:40 AM   #2
mtnbykr2

I have a feeling it will turn up here in a while as long as some a hole doesn't find it first...sorry about the loss
Old 04-19-2012, 06:47 AM   #3
lowprofile
#1 on fishstick's hitlist

Check with the kayak tours. I seem to remember them finding gear and hanging on to it awhile back. They might have it.
Old 04-19-2012, 06:34 PM   #4
Halol
Devildoc1mardiv

I was there and witnessed the flip...I cringed when i saw your yak come back up with only 3 rods instead of 4....It seems like you flipped in about 4-5 feet of water. Did ya try to go back for it? Or even go back during low tide? Im going out tomorrow at low tide. I scout out the area for ya. Hopefully you get good news

Halol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 07:53 PM   #5
yaky yak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halol View Post
I was there and witnessed the flip...I cringed when i saw your yak come back up with only 3 rods instead of 4....It seems like you flipped in about 4-5 feet of water. Did ya try to go back for it? Or even go back during low tide? Im going out tomorrow at low tide. I scout out the area for ya. Hopefully you get good news
Thanks for looking out. As dear as that rod was to me, after 11 hours on the water, and only a few hours sleep, I wasn't up to diving for it(wish I had though). I live over a 100 miles away so coming back at low tide wasn't an option.
I just hope some one from our community finds it. I've found and returned a few things at the launch. hopefully I gained a little karma .
yaky yak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 08:01 PM   #6
Drake

I was there this morning at low tide, it was dark but I gave it a few scans along the waters edge, sorry to say it didn't turn up.

I would check divebums, they tend to have a honey hole somewhere that collects everything that goes over. Good luck and sorry for your loss