Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-10-2012, 02:07 PM   #1
inbx3

Transporting 2 Kayaks-part 2

So I finally dedcided on using the Yakima Outdoorsman 300 to transport my Outback and Kona. Now the decision is which way to place them. Don't think they'll fit side by side and was looking at the J holders but saw somewhere that the Outback doesn't quite fit right. What about vertically on their side? Any suggestions?
inbx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 10:01 AM   #2
YakMedic

I use this when I need to transport three or more yaks
http://www.autoanything.com/roof-racks/69A5913A0A0.aspx
It works great

However when I only transport 2 they fit side by side on the rack. You may be supprised to find that they fit.

I use The Thule Xsporter though on a F150, I'm not sure on the Yakima
YakMedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 11:38 AM   #3
yaky yak

I get two yaks on top of my little car no problom. I just over lap them some and secure them throu the scrubber holes. I try to keep it simple.
yaky yak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 05:37 PM   #4
William Novotny
The carpetbagger

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaky yak View Post
I get two yaks on top of my little car no problom. I just over lap them some and secure them throu the scrubber holes. I try to keep it simple.
Cant the stress on the scuppers cause cracks transporting this way? Ive always avoided going through the scuppers.

http://www.badinfluencetattoo.com/gallery.php?artist=21
William Novotny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 08:21 PM   #5
yaky yak

Quote:
Originally Posted by William Novotny View Post
Cant the stress on the scuppers cause cracks transporting this way? Ive always avoided going through the scuppers.
Yeah the potential is there I guess, especially if its not tight and allowed to rub back and forth.
I still use the scuppers to lock down my kayak on the racks on my car, always being careful to have a towel under the straps. I transport it upside down and like it as secure as possible. I have a 17ft yak and a 14footer and both are longer then my car.
Iv'e had 3 kayaks up there before, but I'm kind of a hillbilly, okie, and do what I have to so I can get "there" to fish. Probably shouldn't be offering advice.
As you were Gentlemen.
yaky yak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 08:32 PM   #6
William Novotny
The carpetbagger

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaky yak View Post
Yeah the potential is there I guess, especially if its not tight and allowed to rub back and forth.
I still use the scuppers to lock down my kayak on the racks on my car, always being careful to have a towel under the straps. I transport it upside down and like it as secure as possible. I have a 17ft yak and a 14footer and both are longer then my car.
Iv'e had 3 kayaks up there before, but I'm kind of a hillbilly, okie, and do what I have to so I can get "there" to fish. Probably shouldn't be offering advice.
As you were Gentlemen.
Hahhhaaaaahaaaa

http://www.badinfluencetattoo.com/gallery.php?artist=21
William Novotny is offline   Reply With Quote