Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-04-2012, 08:39 AM   #1
yakman619
HMFIC

Need Advise - I think I Elite 4 DSI took a dump on me

I was out on LJ yesterday, and took some water into the front hatch of my pro angler, which is where I store my Elite 4 dsi and battery (in dry bag) during launch in landing.

When I got out a little ways, I hooked up the fish finder and everything was fine. About the time I got out to the squid beds, my fish finder asked if I wanted to make a waypoint. I couldnt figure out how to navigate away from the screen, so I turned the ff of then back on.

From then on, when I would turn the ff on, it would turn on to the Lawrance power up screen, then turn off. It would do this over and over.

I figured the connectors got wet, and hoped they would be fine the next morning. I tried to power up a few minutes ago, now my fishfinder will not turn on.

I bought my entire rig used (only a couple months old), so I'm sure the ff is still under warranty, but will lowrance honor it without me having a reciept, and being the second owner? Aside from talking to the previos ower to see if he has a receipt, what are some other courses of action?

Thanks in advance for the advice! Hopefully you guys can help me figure out an easy fix!
yakman619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 08:56 AM   #2
lowprofile
#1 on fishstick's hitlist

check the battery. easy to short them out. my "new" 12v was only kicking 6volts after a full nights charge. water is the enemy.
Old 09-04-2012, 09:06 AM   #3
SoCalCJ

Check to see if there is an in-line fuse that may have blown. It should be on the battery side. That is most likely the reason it won't power up and should be a simple fix.

I don't think any marine electronics manufacture's honor warranties on second party owners. The good news is this sounds more like a battery / wiring issue more than an issue with the actual unit.
SoCalCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 09:24 AM   #4
Dirty Curti

I have the same FF. But it sounds like the battery to me as well.

Dirty Curti is offline   Reply With Quote