Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-04-2021, 08:38 AM   #1
JohnMckroidJr

Hawaiian Tuna Poke

Last Weekend's kayak fishing morning trip produced the following

With Plenty of fish to eat, I had to try more recipes from the Fisherman's belly. https://www.fishermansbelly.com/

I made a special trip to the Asian market to buy seaweed and passion fruit for the Poke recipes.

First up was Maui Poke

This recipe creates a fantastic blend of flavors that are ridiculously delicious.

One caveat is that seaweeds vary. Mine was taken from a bulk bin that had been heavily salted. Although I triple washed the seaweed as suggested by the merchant, It still came out a bit too salty. I later added cucumber to the mix to dilute the saltiness. Next time I will use less seaweed and soak it for a day to help reduce the saltiness.

Second up was Hawaiian Poke with passion fruit. Since I had plenty of Blackfin Tuna, I used it instead of the more fishy Little Tunny for this recipe.

OMG! This stuff was so delicious!

It was so good, I could not stop eating it, which upset my wife as it was all gone before she had a chance to try it. Later in the year when the Blackfin are scarce, I will do this recipe again with the stronger flavored Little Tunny.

Two more thumbs up for the Fisherman's Belly! Thanks again, Yanni!

https://www.fishermansbelly.com/
JohnMckroidJr is offline   Reply With Quote