Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion

Old 09-20-2005, 06:56 PM   #1
katchfish
Paddle for Mahi

Reel Destruction 101

After a misfortune landing at Colonet I decided to try to perform maintenance on one of my Avets.

I got a little confused while dismantling the unit.

While searching the WWW for schematics for the reel I discovered this site.

http://www.coastforums.com/forum/index.php?

Looks pretty cool.

Ken
katchfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 08:04 AM   #2
madscientist

Know anything else about the site? I see some familiar handles from BD on there. I wonder if it a reflection of the usually fishing board trend. It seems a new board starts among some serious guys, word gets out that the hardcore are posting there, things grow like crazy, and a bunch of morons join and ruin the board. Then the cycle repeats.

Same thing happened here as soon as I joined .
madscientist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 12:18 PM   #3
lamb

Jeff, the guy that I used to work with is running it. It is the latest in the series of fishing web forums he started over the years – none of them too successful. His latest venture (before he turned it into coastforums.com) was www.hookandsinker.com . The DNS name is still in business, resolves to WestCoast. I know he’s been soliciting people on BD, sending PMs to everyone and their mother, trying to get them to hop on his web site. I didn’t think that was cool. It looks like his latest “by invitation only” idea turned out to be a good one…

Jeff is one of these guys who’s big on fishing… Just rarely goes on the water… :roll:
Old 09-21-2005, 03:55 PM   #4
madscientist

Wow Adi, you're quite the internet sleuth. I guess I'll remain loyal to BD...for now. :P
Old 09-22-2005, 07:47 AM   #5
Holy Mackerel
Señor member

Yes, this landing I had in Colonet caused a few off my reels to be jacked up. My Diawa sealine now makes a clicking noise, Shimano Cardiff a grinding/sandy noise, and my Avet was actually fine. Ego a little bent... thanks Toby for "documenting" this landing... :lol:

At least I dont live in Froman's house... :shock:

Chris
Holy Mackerel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 07:50 AM   #6
yellowchaser

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamb
Jeff, the guy that I used to work with is running it. It is the latest in the series of fishing web forums he started over the years – none of them too successful. His latest venture (before he turned it into coastforums.com) was www.hookandsinker.com . The DNS name is still in business, resolves to WestCoast. I know he’s been soliciting people on BD, sending PMs to everyone and their mother, trying to get them to hop on his web site. I didn’t think that was cool. It looks like his latest “by invitation only” idea turned out to be a good one…

Jeff is one of these guys who’s big on fishing… Just rarely goes on the water… :roll:
Adi, I am surprised that you of all people would post something so untrue. This is not the latest in a series of unsuccessful sights, my sites have always been very successful, if that were untrue then why would the other major players here in SOCAL contact me to build them sites or do work for them?? Like ALLCOAST and HARDCORESPORTFISHING.

And I have NEVER contacted not one single person on BD, and Jason knows that. You obviously do not have the correct information and you should have facts straight before you accuse someone of something. I know alot of the major guys on BD and they are the ones that came to me with the idea to create another site. Can you produce any PM's that sent to anyone?? Go ahead ask Jason to find one, he owns it and knows I never solicted anyone, matter of fact I solicted no one from any site, they all came on their own.

And Adi how would you know how often I fish, tell everyone last time we talked or you even seen me? whats it been over a year at least??? For your information dude I am on the water EVERY week whether it be saltwater or freshwater because I love both.

Adi, you should not be posting things that you have no clue about. If you want to know the facts you can contact me directly and I will tell you anything your heart desires. But if you want to accuse something or bad mouth them then do it to their face.
yellowchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 08:55 AM   #7
yellowchaser

Quote:

How funny you posted this one the exact day that you signed up as a member on CoastForums.com yourself! What kind of crap you trying to run dude. Like you are trying to put people off from going there and you yourself become a member. HAHA
Old 09-22-2005, 08:56 AM   #8
lamb

Jeff, I happy to hear about your always successful fishing web sites. :roll:

OK, I must have then dreamed about getting PM from the nick I never heard of inviting me to the new and cool web site. Some people I happen to talk to must have had the same dream.

I am a firm believer the content of the web forum is what makes it cool, not the personal idea of anyone who may be running it. Good for you you're doing so much fishing - you must have not been posting about it on your successful web sites? I've been keeping an eye on them.

Good luck to you Jeff!
Old 09-22-2005, 08:58 AM   #9
lamb

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowchaser
How funny you posted this one the exact day that you signed up as a member on CoastForums.com yourself!
...so I can put in a few good words for you. :twisted:
Old 09-22-2005, 08:59 AM   #10
yellowchaser

Re: Reel Destruction 101

Quote:
Originally Posted by katchfish
After a misfortune landing at Colonet I decided to try to perform maintenance on one of my Avets.

I got a little confused while dismantling the unit.

While searching the WWW for schematics for the reel I discovered this site.

http://www.coastforums.com/forum/index.php?

Looks pretty cool.

Ken
Thanks guy, I'm glad you found it helpful. Let me know if I can ever help you out with a schematic.
Old 09-22-2005, 09:03 AM   #11
yellowchaser

Quote:
Jeff, I happy to hear about your always successful fishing web sites. :roll:

OK, I must have then dreamed about getting PM from the nick I never heard of inviting me to the new and cool web site. Some people I happen to talk to must have had the same dream.

I am a firm believer the content of the web forum is what makes it cool, not the personal idea of anyone who may be running it. Good for you you're doing so much fishing - you must have not been posting about it on your successful web sites? I've been keeping an eye on them.

Good luck to you Jeff!
Dude I don't watch what everyone does on other sites, if someone pm's you that does not mean you go around saying that "I" did it. I didn't start the thread here about the site but since it is here does that mean to you I started it??
And I'm glad you are keeping an eye on things, kudos for you. And you wouldn't see any reports, being as you had zero posts on there and only a member for the one day, you would not have the access to those forums, so sorry.
Old 09-22-2005, 09:30 AM   #12
lamb

Good luck to you Jeff! 8)

You don't want me on your forum. I'm a lousy contributor.
Old 09-22-2005, 11:35 AM   #13
madscientist

Damn, Ken, now see what you started?

Just throw those Avets in the garbage and get yourself a real reel. :lol:
Old 09-22-2005, 12:05 PM   #14
yellowchaser

Quote:
Originally Posted by madscientist
Damn, Ken, now see what you started?

Just throw those Avets in the garbage and get yourself a real reel. :lol:
If you do let me know which trash can!