Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-20-2020, 04:34 PM   #1
Salty

Redondo?

Hoping to get some advice from anyone familiar with the area and willing to share.

My buddy and I are planning to launch from the mini dock at the marina this weekend. Does anyone know if the lot there is open or if access to the dock is blocked? Also, is the bait barge there currently open?

This will be our first time fishing Redondo from the kayaks, so any advice or tips would be appreciated! Planning to mostly fish the bottom over rock structure with frozen squid/shrimp and/or live bait, but I'm always hopeful that some pelagic species might be hanging around that canyon offshore

Also, we're both like 95% catch-and-release, just looking for some different scenery and hopefully fight a few fish. I'll be bringing the new fish-descender to return any rockfish I might pull up too. Not looking to jump in and raid somebody else's spot lol
Salty is offline   Reply With Quote