Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-24-2009, 11:43 AM   #1
cjthomas

Why does Snoop Dogg carry an umbrella...fo drizzle! LJ 8/22

Launched Saturday morning around 6:30 to drizzle and a little wind. Made bait on my way to the kelp line and caught a nice calico upon my arrival. Stuck around until the wind blew me off the kelp and slowly made my way in with the assistance of some nice swells. I had the opportunity to use a collapsable cloth/net laundry hamper as a dirft sock, which worked well enough for being free and hardly taking up any storage space.
cjthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 12:23 PM   #2
Whizz Bang

I am hesitant to post reports on unproductive days, it is good to see one. It serves as heads up for everyone. I, as many of you know, am a Noob, but I fished LJ Fri, Sat, and Sun. I had a grand total of 2 calicos (released) on Sunday. Raked bait from halibut on Sat, raked bait from barracuda on Sunday. Saw one yellow taken on Fri.
Sunday the conditions looked great (glassy and slight breeze with lots of bait), but no love.

I plan on hitting it up this week once or twice for the pm shift, I will post regardless of success.
Whizz Bang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 12:42 PM   #3
Geoffkoop

I like these reports too. I was out there on Sunday as well. My buddy got into some cudas and some sort of needlefish. I think I saw the tail of a thresher come out of the water while ripping the surface of some bait. Beautiful day out there.
Geoffkoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 01:05 PM   #4
miguelitro
Team Bad Habits

Not LJ but fished off North bird rock bay for nada sunday. first skunk of the summer...
Beats getting bitched at by the girlfriend for being broke and not taking her out shopping!
miguelitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 01:13 PM   #5
Gino

Quote:
Originally Posted by miguelitro View Post
Not LJ but fished off North bird rock bay for nada sunday. first skunk of the summer...
Beats getting bitched at by the girlfriend for being broke and not taking her out shopping!

Preach...
Gino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 01:58 PM   #6
Rob929

I was out sat am as well. Made bait by the pier, and dragged it around as well as did some iron work for nada. Good to be out there. Water was warm, and was humid, so the rain didn't bother me. Could have done without the wind. Was my first trip out on the new revo.. loved it. Saw a couple guys w/ the pro angler. Thats a serious rig!
Rob929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 03:51 PM   #7
h2ofishfo

this is one skunky thread need these reports out there though some noobs just dont know how much some guys get skunked on yt before they stick one & post it while still wearing the wet board shorts
h2ofishfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 04:35 PM   #8
Quilted Germ

Out Sunday as well....no fish, beautiful conditions. Did see a couple of large fish hit some bait on the surface, but no love....is it possible that there can be too much bait in the water? Can't believe the YT don't nail the one with a ringed circle hook hangin' off the nose....
Quilted Germ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 07:27 PM   #9
dmrides

Wish I could say Monday was better. I basically got skunked (unless you count 15" greenbacks) and the folks I talked to also had nothing worthwhile to report.
dmrides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 07:30 PM   #10
Whizz Bang

Headed out to LJ am and pm before/after work tomorrow. Will post.
Old 08-26-2009, 03:03 PM   #11
Whizz Bang

AM...conditions were great...very fishy. Light breeze, 1-2 footers at the launch, LOTS of bait. Had one mac that came back crushed after a short strike. 2 calicos released. Knot head being a pain in the arse. And I had to leave to get to work. It is one of those days where you are sitting their going .... its gonna happen....its gonna happen real soon. Hated to leave, but I will be headed backout shortly. Paying my dues.