Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-09-2011, 05:27 PM   #1
inshorefisher

Huntington Harbor AM report

Cold, little wind, murky water, no current. Saw a few stingrays and star fish. One small bite...no fish.

Just getting back into fishing. Been off and on for 7 years...Navy. Is Seal Beach Weapons Station fishy?

I need help fishing HH. Please post or pm me with tips. I have tried many different things. Using 6lbs test (mostly) and 10 lbs test. Was always a bait fisherman but this plastic deal is giving me no production. I have fished gulps, fish trap, zooms...and a few more i can't remember. Tired of catching lizard fish. I can usually fish friday-sunday if you need a partner in crime. Need a fix...need to hook fish. Thanks.

-Drew
inshorefisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 07:49 PM   #2
bus kid
Team Keine Zugehörigkeit

unibutter, unibutter, unibutter. your line is good. buoy line at the north end where the signs say keep out, north side of the bridge, but dont cross under or the man will be all over you. South end, pitch plastics, crank baits under the docks, there is a scarab style boat on inflatable pontoons usually get bit near it.

btw lizard fish make great hali bait.

Não alimente os trolls------------Don't feed the trolls---------------インタネット荒らしを無視しろ

bus kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 09:41 PM   #3
Amish Ed

Keep in mind that HH is a really tough fishery and this time of year it's especially so. Sounds like you're using the right stuff, just keep at it. Also, try Newport towards the harbor entrance, around the moored boats and docks. And, like Buskid said get some scent. Myself I like Hotsauce, but Unibutter is great too. Or Smelly Jelly. Or Pro-cure Calico Coctail.
Old 04-10-2011, 06:27 PM   #4
inshorefisher

Thanks guys. I guess I'm fishing HH right just not catching. I just started using UNI-Butter. How often do I dip? I'll try Newport this Friday if the weather is nice. Thanks again.
inshorefisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 06:12 AM   #5
bus kid
Team Keine Zugehörigkeit

Quote:
Originally Posted by inshorefisher View Post
Thanks guys. I guess I'm fishing HH right just not catching. I just started using UNI-Butter. How often do I dip? I'll try Newport this Friday if the weather is nice. Thanks again.
I re-butter about every 30 mins, get a peanut butter jar and fill it with uni. it is a lot easier then the little 2 oz bottle and you don't have to use your hands. uni is some slippery stuff and hard to wash off in a yak.

Não alimente os trolls------------Don't feed the trolls---------------インタネット荒らしを無視しろ

bus kid is offline   Reply With Quote