Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion

Old 01-10-2012, 02:49 AM   #21
bigbarrels

great pictures!!
Old 01-10-2012, 07:56 AM   #22
Saba Slayer

Extra Batteries and charger

Here's a great deal on Amazon.
"Wasabi" battery charger and AC adapter for GoPro with two extra batteries and a car adapter for $22.
I did some fun dog shots by mounting the GoPro on my Lab's doggie/pfd...an extendable painters pole also enables me to get out or up and away from the subject for some interesting angles. The tripod mount with the 1/4-20 female thread is my favorite way to mount the GoPro just about anywhere. There are a lot of small c-clamp type camera mounts that you can find at sporting good stores or photo shops that can thread right onto the tripod mount.

Jim / Saba Slayer
Saba Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 10:19 AM   #23
bus kid
Team Keine Zugehörigkeit

Talking

so that was your dog.
dogs rabbit.jpg

Não alimente os trolls------------Don't feed the trolls---------------インタネット荒らしを無視しろ

bus kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 02:10 PM   #24
Drake

Put rainx on the outside of the mount (It's rare to get water on it when it high up, but you won't regret it when you do)

Invest the few extra $$ and put the fog inserts in.

I shoot in r4 for the best vertical coverage. Especially when I surf.

Turn on "1 Click record feature"

Buy the "Grab bag" of mounts. It makes things a little more fun when you can put it in a bunch of different place.

Here's how I had mine on my Malibu.
Old 01-10-2012, 11:48 PM   #25
jorluivil

Quote:
Originally Posted by bus kid View Post
so that was your dog.
Attachment 5548
You're a sick man

www.facebook.com/Teamsewer
jorluivil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 11:59 PM   #26
jorluivil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
Put rainx on the outside of the mount (It's rare to get water on it when it high up, but you won't regret it when you do)
Are you referring to the outside of the camera housing in front of where the lens is or are you referring to the entire camera housing and mount?

Quote:
Invest the few extra $$ and put the fog inserts in.
I saw a video that stated that the older models are the ones that had the fog issues but it didn't state which models it considered to be 'older'. Are you using a Hero2? Have you had issues with fogging on yours?

Quote:
Turn on "1 Click record feature"
This is one of the first things that I did. Just hold the button down and instantly start recording!!!

Quote:
Here's how I had mine on my Malibu.
I'm pretty happy with my mounting location. I like and prefer the view from stern to bow slightly better than bow to stern or from the side

Old 01-13-2012, 08:33 PM   #27
rogersmith

just tested my PVC GoPro mount today, worked great!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_0007.jpg (48.1 KB, 194 views)
rogersmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 12:40 AM   #28
Drake

Are you referring to the outside of the camera housing in front of where the lens is or are you referring to the entire camera housing and mount?
Just on the outside of the mount, right in front of the lens

I saw a video that stated that the older models are the ones that had the fog issues but it didn't state which models it considered to be 'older'. Are you using a Hero2? Have you had issues with fogging on yours?

Mine fogs when I surf, I had the Hero. I have had it fog when I would do underwater shots before I put the inserts in.

This is one of the first things that I did. Just hold the button down and instantly start recording!!!
Yup, best firmware update ever

I'm pretty happy with my mounting location. I like and prefer the view from stern to bow slightly better than bow to stern or from the side
I move mine around so everything doesn't seem the same. I like bow to stern when cruising/fighting fish, stern to bow when bringing the fish to the boat/talking to people on the water and launching/landing

Old 02-03-2012, 06:46 PM   #29
jorluivil

FYI

Not sure how many of your use the GoPro Cineform Studio software but I just connected my camera found a firmware update.

Old 02-05-2012, 06:16 PM   #30
Deefeesha

What brand memory card are people using for their GoPro?

Storage? Class?
Deefeesha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 11:53 PM   #31
reefer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deefeesha View Post
What brand memory card are people using for their GoPro?

Storage? Class?
I got a new HERO2 and just got Fry's ADs and they have 32GB SDCH class 10 Brand Patriot for $29.99 on sale.
reefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 12:03 AM   #32
reefer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorluivil View Post
I just got my hero2 so let the fun begin. For those that already have one what are some tips and tricks that you can provide?

GoPro has their LCD screen that attaches to the back of the GoPro HD Hero cams! The camera with screen attached fits into the stock waterproof housing, and a new rear door is provided to keep the unit waterproof. That is what i been using. i also going to use it, to see what angle the camera should sit on my kayak, so i can get a good angle. but wouldnt be using it on the water, with the flotation backdoor. It would be covering it and plus the LCD will drain the battery faster.
reefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 11:17 AM   #33
Fish Taco

Quote:
Originally Posted by William Novotny View Post
1.gopro makes an adheasive foam that sticks to the back of the waterproof case that DOES make it float. GET IT.
Doesn't the GoPro "Floaty Backdoor" basically cover up the LCD BacPac if you have one? (Which obviously defeats the purpose of the LCD screen - so you can see the footage you've shot or shooting) Correct me if I am wrong please?...

I just got the Hero2 and bought the LCD BacPac accessory, and had wondered about the the "floaty" but don't think the two are compatible, are they?

Thanks for the input...

- Ken
Fish Taco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 01:06 PM   #34
jorluivil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish Taco View Post
Doesn't the GoPro "Floaty Backdoor" basically cover up the LCD BacPac if you have one? (Which obviously defeats the purpose of the LCD screen - so you can see the footage you've shot or shooting) Correct me if I am wrong please?...

I just got the Hero2 and bought the LCD BacPac accessory, and had wondered about the the "floaty" but don't think the two are compatible, are they?

Thanks for the input...

- Ken

Your assumptions are correct.

Old 02-11-2012, 09:32 PM   #35
maui jim

Uhhh.......George....should'nt a dog be larger than a tennis ball?
Old 03-20-2012, 02:59 PM   #36
jorluivil

I've been playing around with the different features on my GoPro, I wanted to try making a video of a fishing trip using still pictures instead of full video. To test out this feature I mounted my GoPro on the dash of my car using double-sided tape(the mount is the same piece that the GoPro is attached to in the box) and set the camera to take a picture every two seconds. I downloaded the pictures to Windows Movie Maker and also downloaded a plug-in that allows me to convert movies and pictures to HD format, this isn't normally available in Windows Movie Maker. Anyway, this is what I got.........

WITHOUT HD PLUG-IN

WITH HD PLUG-IN(MAKE SURE YOU CHANGE IT TO VIEW IN HD)