Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-01-2015, 01:05 PM   #1
octico

Good deal on Abu Garcia Toro NaCL 60-HS

I have been looking at this reel for a while. I was going to go with the Lexa 400 but that reel is huge.

Amazon has the reel on sale for $235.00

If you go to Abu's website they are offering a prepaid VISA card for $30.00 and "free" sweatshirt. I called Abu and they said you can do both rebates.

So, for $205.00+ tax + free shipping (Prime members) you get a nice reel and a sweatshirt.
octico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 05:05 PM   #2
FlyFishinYakr

Location: Nor Cal...30 min from Bodega/Tomales Bay, 1hr from Clear Lake, 2+ hr to Berryessa & the Delta
Don't mean to thread jack, but I ordered 2 of the NaCl 60's @ $210 ea ($219 each+$20 off for 2 plus free ship). and don't have to worry about making copies of the reciepts, bar codes from the packaging, then mailing rebates and keeping track of gift cards.
FFY

Last edited by FlyFishinYakr; 04-02-2015 at 08:25 PM.
FlyFishinYakr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 06:22 PM   #3
buddha

Quote:
Originally Posted by octico View Post
I have been looking at this reel for a while. I was going to go with the Lexa 400 but that reel is huge.

Amazon has the reel on sale for $235.00

If you go to Abu's website they are offering a prepaid VISA card for $30.00 and "free" sweatshirt. I called Abu and they said you can do both rebates.

So, for $205.00+ tax + free shipping (Prime members) you get a nice reel and a sweatshirt.
How do the lexa and abu garcia compare in line capacity and weight?

Does the abu garcia compare more closely with the Lexa 300?
buddha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 08:03 PM   #4
GkT

Total noob here, but I was literally just at the tackle shop looking at these two reels.
Buddha, for your question, I don't know the rated line capacities, but from looking at them side by side, I would say they're probably close to equal. The Abu is much smaller, lower profile, but it has a wider spool, where the Daiwa has a narrower one but a larger cavity/cage/frame/whatever you call it.

Both look to be nice as far as build quality, aluminum frames, etc, but again, total noob so take it with a grain of salt.

The 300 looked to be a little small compared to the Abu, and esp. next to the 400. But I didn't look very closely at the 300.

Hope that helps.
GkT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 08:37 PM   #5
AirborneYak

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddha View Post
How do the lexa and abu garcia compare in line capacity and weight?

Does the abu garcia compare more closely with the Lexa 300?
I bought the toro nacl 50 instead of the lews bb2 inshore. The bb2 is my next reel though. I'm going to try out the NACL tomorrow. But the nacl feels heavier and a bit wider. I have each reel on a Shimano teramar mh. The Lexa holds more line.
AirborneYak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 04:52 AM   #6
fishnfoool

ebay

Does that apply to the left hand 50 model?
fishnfoool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 06:21 AM   #7
buddha

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishnfoool View Post
Does that apply to the left hand 50 model?
The lowest I have seen the left handed version on Ebay is 234.00 for a Buy It Now price.
Old 04-10-2015, 08:33 PM   #8
buddha

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirborneYak View Post
I bought the toro nacl 50 instead of the lews bb2 inshore. The bb2 is my next reel though. I'm going to try out the NACL tomorrow. But the nacl feels heavier and a bit wider. I have each reel on a Shimano teramar mh. The Lexa holds more line.
Here is an auction for a Lew's BB2 left handed reconditioned model starting at 99.99

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lews-Lews-BB...item27fcecce67