Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-26-2010, 05:56 PM   #1
miller
Junior

Mexico fishing license

So Ive been wanting to take my kayak out in mexico. I have a trailer in La Salina I was just wondering where I can get a mexico fishing license in the US or in Mex. I am also curious if anyone has launched out of the La Salina Marina and if they charge you.
Old 01-26-2010, 05:59 PM   #2
miguelitro
Team Bad Habits

dana landing sells them.
never launched out of salinas so no answer there.
miguelitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 06:16 PM   #3
fishes

Would your trailer happen to be at km 74?
fishes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 06:20 PM   #4
miller
Junior

ya angels camp. You been there?
Old 01-26-2010, 06:29 PM   #5
fishes

Yeah, going there again soon too. We stay at Mary's place. My buddy has a partnership with her and so we tag along with them.

Tom (Mary's son aka Bryantfish) and njovin launched their kayaks from the cove there and said it was no problem getting in or out.

We might be heading down 2/13, let me know if you'll be there so we can bring our yaks too. Oh, and to answer your question, you do need a license.

Last edited by fishes; 01-26-2010 at 06:51 PM.
Old 01-26-2010, 06:42 PM   #6
Iceman
Administrator

Been a few years, La Salinas used to charge us $10 a piece to launch the yaks there.
Old 01-26-2010, 07:14 PM   #7
miller
Junior

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishes View Post
Yeah, going there again soon too. We stay at Mary's place. My buddy has a partnership with her and so we tag along with them.

Tom (Mary's son aka Bryantfish) and njovin launched their kayaks from the cove there and said it was no problem getting in or out.

We might be heading down 2/13, let me know if you'll be there so we can bring our yaks too. Oh, and to answer your question, you do need a license.
Awesome its a small world. Ya we got the blue and white house right in the middle(the one with all the weeds around it). Ive heard stories about guys getting some big halibut right outside the marina and yellowtail close to shore but I dont know how true that is. I probably wont be down for a little while but if you ever see us at home stop by we will have a cooler full of beer.
Its good to know I can launch from the marina too. The ten dollars will be worth it when the cove is closing out. Thanks everyone for the info.
Old 01-26-2010, 07:20 PM   #8
fishes

My bud Tom is the man when it comes to fishing down there. He's caught huge halibut, YT and even.....wait for it.....a salmon. I know what you're thinking, "yeah right" and I said the same thing but after close examination I couldn't say it was anything else. Then I come to find out that every great once in a blue moon they are caught that far south. Oh yeah, and all that was caught from shore. I'll have to get him to reply with pictures.

Back to the questions, I believe the marina still charges $10 but I also see people launching from the calm parts of the jetty when the surf is big.
Old 01-26-2010, 08:59 PM   #9
Bryantfish

hey guys

Angels camp rocks!

i have launched from the beach two times now... havn't had a yard sale yet. ( knock on wood)

i think its 15$ to launch from La Salinas but i have also heard of guys paying 10$ for two kayaks.. it all depends on who u talk to

I have caught many fish from the jetty and also from the shore.. Chris is rite i did catch a salmon off of jetty ( in close) and a yellow tail, white sea bass from shore....

angels camp has been good to me...

u will need a fishing license down there if u are on a kayak.. the mexican navy will board you if they see you... its best to have everything you need out there....

i bought my mX license at sea forth most any place that does charter fishing will have mx license that u can pick up....

i will be going back down to the beach house on march 5th weekend.. i wish i could get down there sooner but its just not the rite time...

Tom.
Bryantfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 06:16 AM   #10
'Cuda

I bought my Mex. license from a charter co. near the main fish market in Ensenada 5 yrs. ago....the lady didn't date it and when I pointed that out she said "now you can use it indefinately and not have to buy a new one every year"...ok.....that works for me.....anyway I've never had to show it but for a marina like La Salinas I'd definately get a proper one.
June is when the season really gets going for that area.....I've always wondered when driving thru what the fishing would be like....now I'm definately gonna stop and try it out....thanks for the report.
My wife and I used to camp on the beach there in the early 80's when there was only one house and you payed $3 for access and firewood for camping. Corona was not yet imported to the US and was $4 for a case of 20.
'Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 09:57 AM   #11
boogieman
Junior

YOU CAN GET YOU LISECNCE IN TIJUANA AS YOU CROSS THE BORDER, IN ENSENADA YOU CAN GET IT IN THE FISHING OFICE, NEXT TO THE PORT CAPTAIN IN THE IMIGRATION OFICE, OR THE STATE TOURIST OFICE, ORE IF YOU ONLY NEED A DAILY ONE WITH US AT BOOGIES FISHING TACKLE, 1 BLOCK AT THE ENTRENCE OF TOWN, BUT DEFENITLY GET ONE, THERS NO (NO DATE LISENCE) IF THEY SELLYOU SOMETING LIKE THAT ITS A FAKE ONE, DONT TRY TO ASK FOR THEM, REGARDIN LA SALINA, ITS A GOOD LAUNCH BUT IF YOU DRIVE A MILE ORE TWO, OR EVEN GO ALL THE WAY TO ENSENADA, THERS MORE FISHING SPOTS, AT HOTEL CORAL IN ENSENADA IS 4 DLLS AND IS BERY CONFORTABLE PLACE AND BERY SAFE, EXCELENT FISHING ALL AROUND, GIVE ME A CALL IF I CAN BE OF ANNY HELP, 01152 646 1788779 , SALUDOS Y BUENA PESCA.
boogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 06:05 PM   #12
miller
Junior

Great info everyone thanks! I think im gona be going down there a lot more this year