Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-11-2010, 09:04 AM   #1
BT

SD Bay buggin

Yesterday my plan was to head out to Zuniga on the yak, but as the day progressed the marine layer lingered off the coast, and the weather reports called for fog. So I decided to stay in the bay so I didnt have to cross the channel and become a speed bump on the paddle back in.

So I get to the spot I decided on and drop five nets staggered from 25' to 50'. Gave the nets a good soak after sunset and pulled blank after blank after blank. I then realized that my stern light was out, and tried to trouble shoot it, but couldnt get it to work. I had just put an LED lamp in there which replaced my old regular bulb, so I think that may have been the problem. Then I go to reach back for my hand light, and the battery was dead. Still had a working headlamp, bow light, and strung up some light sticks on a fishing pole so people could see me. Nothing like a little frustration AND empty nets.

So I stuck close to shore most of the night and when the fog did roll in around 9:30ish, I started my last pull. My net in 30' of water actually had a bug in it, and he was a keeper.

Even the fishing sucked for me. I had what looked like a baby mac (as small as a chovy) hit a weedless rig 3x's his size. Besides that I got a small spider crab once.

The fog was pretty thick, but as I finished my last pull it seemed to clear up a little. Hope everyone got home safe last night! There was a lot of larger sized ships coming in and out of the bay last night.

Old 12-11-2010, 09:24 AM   #2
jorluivil

Minus the fog it sounds like most of my recent trips but somethings better than nothing.
jorluivil is offline   Reply With Quote