Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-29-2010, 10:52 AM   #21
THE DARKHORSE

Sounds like Squid-Bite propaganda to me, Larry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackcloud9 View Post

"I'm confident that the new moon will have the squirts spawning, and I'm
actually calling for a full tanker blitz on the 5th or 6th or 7th at the cyn.

We'll see."

While I realize there'll be more tidal movement on those days, I wouldn't expect a "full tanker blitz". In fact, I'd bet against it, with heavy odds to whomever wants to take that bet. Any takers?

Here's my question to you: Why would there be a "full tanker blitz" on those days---when there's squid, for miles, wrapping around the entire point? From the canyon to Crystal Pier---and beyond in both directions. You can make live-squid---all day long for Pete's sake---in the same spots that have been holding squid, for months now! I've found full-blown, middle of the day squid floats, out in the deeper spots (300' of water), too.

Good luck to everyone sitting on that same bed, in front of the condo; you're going to need it .
Old 11-29-2010, 01:43 PM   #22
chris138
donkey roper

Quote:
I'd be careful, Larry---there might be a line of anglers waiting on the beach come Sunday .
If there were a lineup of yaks launching/landing at the rock, I'd grab a sixer of sculpin IPA and a video camera... just to really enjoy the ensuing carnage and barrels!!!
chris138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 11:45 AM   #23
Ndavissd

Thanks

Thanks for the great story and killer articles, really appreciate this kind of insight

Best regards
Ndavissd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 05:18 PM   #24
Royak

Big Rock in Jeopardy?

Yeah, BR is a terrific launch site -- second only to LJ Shores IMHO. There's an effort by enviros to include all or part of Windansea Beach in the proposed South La Jolla SMR. If successful, this could complicate its use by kayak fishermen when returning with fish. And, of course, surf fishermen could be completely screwed.

A less irrational northern border to that proposed no-take zone would be a few hundred feet south of Big Rock, meaning the cliff and wall known as "Pink Wall." The topography is distinct, with the area south being essentially impassable from Windansea.

Of course, the best solution is not to have any of the South LJ SMR, but it appears La Jolla is going to be getting a beat-down. Let's try to at least save Windansea's Big Rock from the MLPA juggernaut.
Royak is offline   Reply With Quote