Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-21-2012, 07:50 PM   #21
Jimmyz123

Quote:
Originally Posted by October View Post
really dude? What a helpful post. Lots of people are new to using FF. Me for example. I have been fishing my whole life and JUST started using them and am really unfamiliar with good brands, reliable units, which do better in saltwater, etc.

seriously, when did fisherman become such tools? or is it just here in CA? go back to bloody decks, mang
Dude some people just aren't willing to help or nice at all. This site has plenty that will give you helpful information.

God Bless,
JimmyZ

Jimmyz123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 08:17 PM   #22
bus kid
Team Keine Zugehörigkeit

Quote:
Well now you have me intrigued.....
Iceman said it best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
maybe we need to weed out all the chest pounding trophy hunters and keep the "fishermen" who get it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyz123 View Post
Dude some people just aren't willing to help or nice at all. This site has plenty that will give you helpful information.

its getting harder and harder to be nice thats all. I just PM now.

Não alimente os trolls------------Don't feed the trolls---------------インタネット荒らしを無視しろ

bus kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 08:21 PM   #23
October
Fish Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyz123 View Post
ya i know. sorry, i get a little worked up when i see people acting like punks to other people for no apparent reason. And it seems to be a lot lately on every single fishing forum for some reason
Old 08-21-2012, 08:22 PM   #24
lowprofile
#1 on fishstick's hitlist

everyone has a little fish stick in them.
Old 08-21-2012, 08:23 PM   #25
bus kid
Team Keine Zugehörigkeit

Quote:
some reason
The reason is, fishing is slow....

Don't worry 1/2 of us don't like you either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowprofile View Post
everyone has a little fish stick in them.
baawhhhaaaaa

Não alimente os trolls------------Don't feed the trolls---------------インタネット荒らしを無視しろ

bus kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 08:44 PM   #26
October
Fish Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bus kid View Post
The reason is, fishing is slow....

Don't worry 1/2 of us don't like you either.

http://img835.imageshack.us/img835/8163/fjaayimgur.gif
Old 08-21-2012, 11:30 PM   #27
echo1er

get that DSI that is awesome. but yeah I like the Mark 4. Your in Oceanside right. You can come check it out on base if you want to.
echo1er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 11:37 PM   #28
lowprofile

Quote:
Originally Posted by echo1er View Post
get that DSI that is awesome. but yeah I like the Mark 4. Your in Oceanside right. You can come check it out on base if you want to.
or you can go with me thursday evening and i can check it out then.
Old 08-23-2012, 12:59 AM   #29
lowprofile

went to BPS today. they had no clue what i was talking about when i said "6 payments plan... or 6 month payment plan?" but they told me all about the bass pro credit card...

looked at all the units, got the hand out books for hummingbird and lowrance.. still not sure what i want. lol.

thinking the elit 5 fishfinder/chartplotter or the the Elit 5 DSI... but not sure how i would mount the transducer for the DSI since it needs to be in the water.
Old 08-23-2012, 05:22 AM   #30
Deefeesha

Phone or online orders only. The store won't have a clue about the plan, however, you can do a store pick up.

Quote:
went to BPS today. they had no clue what i was talking about when i said "6 payments plan... or 6 month payment plan?" but they told me all about the bass pro credit card...

looked at all the units, got the hand out books for hummingbird and lowrance.. still not sure what i want. lol.

thinking the elit 5 fishfinder/chartplotter or the the Elit 5 DSI... but not sure how i would mount the transducer for the DSI since it needs to be in the water.
Deefeesha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 07:03 AM   #31
danjor

The 6 pay plan at bps is tempting but bps wont price match websites like west marine will and bps extended warrenty sucks in my opinion. Had to return a $99 fish finder a couple times and $20 for insurance each time i returned it on a $99 item is high considering the charged tax on the money they returned to me when i turned in my finder and when i bought the replacemnt so not only i got charged $20 for the insurance but got taxed 3 times on a item exchange... dont get me wrong i love bps but that was a conplete rip off when the finder cost $99 but all said and done it cost $56 to replace with there "warrenty"
But real moral of the story dont buy $99 fish finders they dont work. Lol

Last edited by danjor; 08-23-2012 at 07:13 AM.
danjor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 07:18 AM   #32
packeryakker

I have the mark 4 installed on my outback. I was looking at the hds5, and was saving for it. I have never owned a FF before and didnt know if the hds was too much unit to start with. I really like the mark 4 it gives (I think) accurate readings I can see bait with no problem and track my rig to the bottom most of the time. GPS works real well and pinning way points is easy. If you are looking for a good solid entry level unit the mark 4 is a good choice. Having said that I can see upgrading in the next couple of years after I have a better understanding of how to use all of the features. I have the xducer installed using a modified wet mount system and it has worked great.
packeryakker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 07:30 AM   #33
gupppy

Quote:

you could mount it like mine:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo(15).jpg (53.5 KB, 89 views)
gupppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 08:50 AM   #34
boxturtle

thinking the elit 5 fishfinder/chartplotter or the the Elit 5 DSI... but not sure how i would mount the transducer for the DSI since it needs to be in the water.[/QUOTE]

very easy just buy a pa12
boxturtle is offline   Reply With Quote