Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports

Old 06-30-2013, 04:39 PM   #41
THE DARKHORSE

Drive two and a half hours for White Sea Bass?

Oh, that's one way. I mean five hours on the road for white Sea Bass?!?!? Um, the price of gas alone would render me bankrupt after one trip. I'll pass. However, if I do drive that far my video would definitely need a warning for foul language (if I lost multiple fish). Maybe even violence. Not the occasional slip, either. I'm talking Eddie Murphy RAW!

Nice fish, Jim. Great video, too. I really don't understand the guys who lose trophy fish and just say: golly shucks, I'll get 'em next time---sure beats a day in the office. Let it out, folks. It's healthy to show some emotion and at least get it out of your system. Holding that kind of stuff in will kill you.

Or, better yet, do as the guy in the video and don't take no for an answer!
Old 07-01-2013, 07:30 AM   #42
Deamon

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE DARKHORSE View Post
Oh, that's one way. I mean five hours on the road for white Sea Bass?!?!? Um, the price of gas alone would render me bankrupt after one trip. I'll pass. However, if I do drive that far my video would definitely need a warning for foul language (if I lost multiple fish). Maybe even violence.
I think I just got bitch slapped a couple of times by "the man"...shoot, I'll take the acknowledgement any way I can get it from you though...

What's missing in this story? Trying to catch a big fish was the #2 goal for this trip (although I did carpool!). #1 was the chance to again hang with Team Sewer...okay a fraction of the team on this day. The camaraderie factor should NEVER be underestimated.

Get out on the water ...catch quality fishees (to increase chances, call The Darkhorse!)...and enjoy the moments with the very best of dudes, here at the jewel...and up there around the sewers! I'll cherish these good times down the road when I'm on the rocking chair...Jim
"The reality is that the wall was built to keep all Asians ~specifically Japanese and those that think they're japanese~ out of the U.S"

Last edited by Deamon; 07-01-2013 at 07:52 AM.
Deamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 09:22 AM   #43
captnblood34

The audio was a bit quiet but I didn't hear/see any line peeling... chalk the first two up to an over tightened drag?

Way to land the 3rd one, real hog of a flatty!

J
captnblood34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 09:39 AM   #44
Tarponator
Junior

Woah, I think every fisherman out there can feel your pain on the first two dude. Congrats on the monster Halibit!!
Tarponator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 10:29 AM   #45
THE DARKHORSE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deamon View Post
I think I just got bitch slapped a couple of times by "the man"...shoot, I'll take the acknowledgement any way I can get it from you though...

If that's how you took it, Jim, I'm pretty sure you misunderstood what I was attempting to convey. Or simply further proof that I absolutely suck at writing.

Either way, if that's how you felt allow me to apologize. That certainly was not my intention. I was commending you for letting it out and applauding the fact that you were taking those losses seriously. I always tell clients that you've got to get fired up about this stuff. It's perfectly fine to drop an F-bomb in disgust. If not recommended. Hell, it's perfectly fine to get mad at yourself and ponder thoughts of what could have been done differently (not that you did anything wrong on those particular fish). As that's the best way to learn.

Beyond that, I don't care if you guys drive through a third world country to go kayak surfing. Camaraderie amongst anglers is a given. That's like saying men enjoy beer after a long day's work.

So I'll summarize the entire point of my original reply to your post once again. The fact that you weren't fettered by the challenges along the way. You persevered beyond heartbreak and did whatever possible to seal the deal! Hell bent for leather--- and not taking no for an answer. Camaraderie aside, that's what it's all about...
Old 07-01-2013, 08:33 PM   #46
roby
CEO of Team Roby

I missed this thread...

You've been hooking into a lot of fish lately. Keep up the good work...

I feel bad for all the WSB that will feel your wrath...
roby is offline   Reply With Quote