Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-07-2013, 01:54 PM   #1
MrPatrick

BNB 2013 Mini-X maiden fishing voyage

My brothers neighbor was the high bidder on the Mini-x. He had taken it to Havasu to paddle during a camping trip. Today would be the day for Spotties to crap on it, and crap they did and puke! More on that later. This is Jody,

And one of his many Spotties.

This is Christian and one of his many Spotties. First time kayak fishing for both but both live to fish. Christian is now looking to get a yak after christening Vicky's kayak with fish slime, washed off of course.

This is what the fish were puking up, baby Mantis Shrimp. I had one cough up at least eight on my orange yak while I was taking a hook out.
Easy day met us at the launch and fished Tidelands for the first time. He did real well and as we were packing up he told us he was going straight to Dana Pt. from Tidelands to fish with a buddy. He is still 0'fer on legal Butts .
At one point the four of us were all hooked up, a quadruple!
It was a fun day for sure, now were off to see the" Under The Sun" tour at Humphrie's with the dinner package.
Good guys, good fishing, good food, good music and a great wife and life! What more is there?

Patrick
MrPatrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 04:20 PM   #2
Dail14

Well Mr. Patrick you definitely know how to get noobs on the spotties. I still remember when you taught me some of the basics for catching them. I never thought mantis shrimp would ever reach large enough numbers to become a major food source for anything in the bay considering they are also major predators. I guess it means gulp shrimp is the way to go right now.
Dail14 is offline   Reply With Quote