Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-12-2020, 07:30 PM   #1
Hillbillymad

Seat replacement for a hobie revolution

Just got one without a seat and wondering if anyone else would have any ideas
Hillbillymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2020, 08:33 PM   #2
FISH11

Here's one that is comfortable (high back) and a universal fit. It appears that like a lot of things the Covid19 problems has made supplies of a lot of thing hard to get and prices to be higher than 9 months ago. OEX has several model they can get but the other are a little more money. This one I would say is the starting point of a decent seat. here is a link to their catalogue. OEX has a store in San Diego in Kearney Mesa and another up at Sunset Beach if you are closer to LA area. Through this link you can get it from their online store (kayak fishing supply) and have it shipped and save fuel. P.S. the Hobie original seats suck, they were very uncomfortable. Figured you bought Jorge's Revo. The attached picture is for the one through OEX/kayak fishing supplies.
https://www.kayakfishingsupplies.com...ite-kayak-seat

This is a similar seat but less than 1/2 the price on Ebay. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Rage-Powers...8AAOSwS-NfBoQH
Attached Images
File Type: jpg a20791913d79f83494bd2b_m.jpg (19.1 KB, 77 views)

Last edited by FISH11; 12-12-2020 at 08:57 PM.
FISH11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2020, 09:33 PM   #3
Hillbillymad

Thanks for the reply I was hoping to find a elevated seat
Hillbillymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2020, 04:22 PM   #4
jruiz
Large Member

There are a handful of youtube videos of folks showing how to Macgyver an Ascend seat onto their Outbacks. I have yet to see someone do it on a revo. They have also been complaining of this seats rusting out. I outfitted mine with a stadium seat made of aluminum. You are not going to be able to just put up an ISO thread and have one fall on your lap. You or someone else is going to have to get there hands dirty. I might also add, putting an elevated seat on a revo might be asking for trouble. It's narrower than an outback. You probably should have just bought a kayak that came with it

Last edited by jruiz; 12-13-2020 at 04:38 PM.
jruiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2020, 11:04 AM   #5
dapHBCM
Junior

Quote:
Originally Posted by jruiz View Post
There are a handful of youtube videos of folks showing how to Macgyver an Ascend seat onto their Outbacks. I have yet to see someone do it on a revo. They have also been complaining of this seats rusting out. I outfitted mine with a stadium seat made of aluminum. You are not going to be able to just put up an ISO thread and have one fall on your lap. You or someone else is going to have to get there hands dirty. I might also add, putting an elevated seat on a revo might be asking for trouble. It's narrower than an outback. You probably should have just bought a kayak that came with it

Just wanted to 2nd this. I tried to add a stadium seat to an old Cobra kayak - talked to a few dealers and enthusiasts and everyone I talked to told me it was possible, but not the best idea due to stability. There are plenty of youtube videos about how to do it - just be careful if you do!
dapHBCM is offline   Reply With Quote