Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-22-2011, 10:53 AM   #1
TATER
GET SOME !!!

Hello All!!!

Hello All,
I have been a member of BWE since April of this year. This is going to be my first post and I just wanted to thank everyone for all of the information that i have gained from their individual experiences and knowledge that they have shared. I also would like to introduce myself to the network of kayak fisherman out there.

I live in the high desert, and have been kayak fishing for about 2 years now. Even though I'm still a noob to the sport,the overwhelming welcoming everyone always shares is just wonderful. Most of the time I take my kayak out is with my pops and uncle, and we normally go out of Dana Point. I currently have a sit on top tan ascend kayak (bass pro shop brand) it has sufficed for all that I have used it for, but I look forward to the day when i am able to buy my first Hobie. My pops and uncle both have ocean kayaks and you can definitely tell the difference in quality. If could go back in time and buy a used hobie before buying my current one, I would have in a heart beat.

We always welcome anyone who would like to tag along with us no matter where your from. Tomorrow 08-23-11 will be my pops' and I first beach launch down at La Jolla. We are going to be making the long trek from my house at 0200 and hopefully be down there when Mr. or Ms. and decide that they want to take a nibble on what we have to offer them. I feel with all of the knowledge I have obtained from every member of this site, my dad and i are going to leave La Jolla tomorrow happy men, and to show our wives we do know how to fish... lol

I wish everyone the best of luck not only tomorrow, but any other day they may be getting to enjoy what with beautiful earth has to offer.

Thank You to all the members of this site and all of the BWE staff that ensures this site to always be well maintained and extremely informative.

C. Walton
AkA TATER
TATER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 11:52 AM   #2
YakMedic

Welcome aboard Tater. I'm sorry to say I'm in the High Desert also. It makes for a hello of a drive to the salt. However I can only fish Silverwood lake so much.
YakMedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 01:21 PM   #3
TATER
GET SOME !!!

lol yeah silverwood is no fun after a couple of times of going there, I think. But fishing is fishing and i'll go as much as possible, no matter where that may be.
Old 08-22-2011, 01:42 PM   #4
tagyak

welcome aboard tater; so how was the fishing???? or will we be waiting a few weeks to hear about it?
tagyak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 01:46 PM   #5
Handymansd
Ancient Member

Welcome aboard...!

having said that, I cannot help myself... is TATER short for calling you Tater Salad?

Handymansd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 01:46 PM   #6
Pampano
Junior

Welcome aboard Tater, also a junior at this sport and also live down the hill (Redlands). My next trip will be La Jolla, I was at Newport last Saturday, went south about 1mile, no luck caught tons of mack. May be one day we can join you and the rest. Let us know about your adventure.
Pampano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 01:47 PM   #7
bus kid
Team Keine Zugehörigkeit

Quote:
Originally Posted by tagyak View Post
welcome aboard tater; so how was the fishing???? or will we be waiting a few weeks to hear about it?
ROFLMFAO
welcome Tater.

Não alimente os trolls------------Don't feed the trolls---------------インタネット荒らしを無視しろ

bus kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 02:28 PM   #8
mtnbykr2

Uh Oh, another addict!...welcome to the addiction, one foot note though,
be careful on your first surf launch, if you have not been experienced at
surf launches and landings, as they can be expensive and dangerous, being your first time out, make sure everything including the kitchen sink is stowed and secure, check tide and surf reports, if it looks too big or intimidating it probably is, I have been doing this for about 6 years now and still have, what we so lovably call, "yard sales" every once in a while, so be careful, I assume you have all the correct safety gear, pfd, radio, etc. other than that good luck out there, looking forward to the report with pics and samples...lol
mtnbykr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 05:04 PM   #9
RK

Welcome

Fishing is pretty cool
RK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 06:14 PM   #10
catchnfish

Welcome I am from the high desert as well see you on the water
catchnfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 04:26 PM   #11
TATER
GET SOME !!!

Thank you all for the welcome. Today's report was posted even though it was pretty slow.

Just so you guys know my buddy's started out calling me corn bread then it turned to tater tot and now they just call me tater for short... lol