Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-02-2021, 08:00 AM   #1
Polychrest
Junior

I want one of these.

https://thedockdoctors.com/commercial-kayak-launch-dock
Polychrest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2021, 02:50 PM   #2
hiramehunter

I frequent the hand launch and I appreciate that they are open to getting some feedback.
I don't mind the location at all. There's ample parking and it's not that too far to roll the kayak to the hand launch area.
It would be nice to have an area big enough for cars to drop off the yaks and then go park. The area near the porta potty is too small but I do use it from time to time.
I definitely would hate to traverse any sand to enter the water. It just sucks to drag a loaded kayak across sand to the water. Plus gets everything sandy.
The hand launch could be bigger but it's fine. Could it be nicer, yes. It could be bigger but I appreciate that it's even there.
A nicer bathroom would be great. my 2 cents
hiramehunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2021, 07:25 AM   #3
SoCalEDC

Yes, a sandy beach launch is precisely what I had in mind, much preferred to launching from a dock or ramp IN MY OPINION. For those anglers who don’t like the sand launch I totally understand, in which case utilize the projected boat ramp.
2020 Hobie Outback SOLD
2021 Stealth Fisha 500
#StealthTribe
SoCalEDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2021, 07:50 PM   #4
GregAndrew

Concrete boat ramp is a no vote from me. For ease of getting to the water and cleaning after, I prefer the dock. The one at Redondo would benefit from being constructed to be more durable. The current location is pretty darn good for getting outside the harbor. Although something similar by the hoist would probably not require winter removal. The biggest challenge right now though is the volume of traffic on the road and the dock created by the rental companies and their customers. Restrooms would be nice, but not in the current location. That hidden area would just invite damage and improper use.
GregAndrew is offline   Reply With Quote