Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-28-2014, 09:04 PM   #1
Smthtnnr
Fishing Addict

A Good Problem to Have

The last two trips I have made down to LJ, there hasn't been anyone there to take a photo for me when I have caught fish. Although it's a bummer to not get a cool OTW shot, it's a good problem to have if you ask me

For example, here's a beautiful, fat fish featured in a shitty cooler shot

Strong fish that particularly loved the kelp

Here's another beautiful fish that had the most ridiculous coloring

A smaller grade fish that fought admirably.. just not quite hard enough

Then, minutes later, I hooked in to what I had been looking for, his bigger cousin

But I was caught with my pants down, too busy dicking around trying to get the perfect bendo shot. The fish got a little slack, and lived to tell the tale

Interestingly, both of these fish were hooked on ridiculously small greenies. Found a big school of these little guys and loaded up

Just bumped down the hook size, and I was good to go. It was actually kinda fun, the calicos and cuda loved these things too. And damn, I love my Pro Angler. This thing fishes like a damn boat. Some of the things I have seen while standing are incredible.. I'm talking schools of 200+ yellowtail swimming by, fish blowing up on my jig, even had a school of about 15 follow and swirl on my jig all the way to the boat!

Speaking of boat fishing, I had a pretty epic trip on the Malihini this past week. Smaller grade of fish ~ 15 lbers but down right crazy fun. I had 13, including 8 on the surface iron, and got my cousin on his first! And then 6 more!!

This one is proof that the right camera angle changes everything

If only he knew how to hold the damn things

Now time to get some tuna
Smthtnnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 09:16 PM   #2
Widgeon

Good stuff.
When I was on my way in yesterday, I ran in to a huge ball of macs that size. Sort of in the inside kelp area.
Widgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 09:25 PM   #3
Ricsen

Those are some nice photos.....all of them. Way to stay on them.
Ricsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 07:36 AM   #4
The pelican

Wecome back Tanner. Nice shots. Hopefully I'll be out there with you soon to take some pics on an upcoming trip to LJ. Hit me up when you're headed down!

Pat
The pelican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 08:04 AM   #5
blitzburgh

Very cool! I love it when I find Macs that size
Old 07-29-2014, 08:15 AM   #6
tunaseeker
TB Metal Art

I ran into you at the launch about 130 PM looks like you took care of business!
tunaseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 08:15 AM   #7
Lineman47
Junior

Awesome haul.
Lineman47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 11:44 AM   #8
dpasinli

Yea Tanner! WTG!!!
dpasinli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 08:19 AM   #9
Smthtnnr
Fishing Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by tunaseeker View Post
I ran into you at the launch about 130 PM looks like you took care of business!
So did you! Sweet fish

Thanks guys... Pat hope to fish with you soon!
Old 07-30-2014, 11:12 AM   #10
momo fish

Way to go!! Looks like your getting te hang of LJ. I'm going to try a few trips down there soon. Btw why is the rod tubes on the kayak closed off?
momo fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 01:40 PM   #11
THE DARKHORSE

Very well done, Tanner!

I was wondering when you'd start showing the goods. You little secretive angler, you.
Nice ice-chest shot by the way. Seriously. Pretty easy to tell that fish is a beast! And good job putting your friend on his first ever 'slayer trip'. Probably adding another addict to the sport. The local tackle shops should be thanking you on that front. I'm sure he'll be stimulating the economy with a couple/few thousand dollars here soon as well. Only instead of hiding it from his wife. Like most men on this site. He'll be hiding it from his parents!
What, no selfie of you and that thirty-six pounder, though? How are you supposed to take the White Sea Bass and now, the Yellowtail, portion of WCW without that photo. As it stands, you'll have two beer mug trophies on your mantle. One from each fish's category. To go along with your hundred or so Tennis trophies. And still have to wait a few years before being allowed to legally drink.
Old 08-01-2014, 08:43 AM   #12
Smthtnnr
Fishing Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE DARKHORSE View Post
I was wondering when you'd start showing the goods. You little secretive angler, you.
Nice ice-chest shot by the way. Seriously. Pretty easy to tell that fish is a beast! And good job putting your friend on his first ever 'slayer trip'. Probably adding another addict to the sport. The local tackle shops should be thanking you on that front. I'm sure he'll be stimulating the economy with a couple/few thousand dollars here soon as well. Only instead of hiding it from his wife. Like most men on this site. He'll be hiding it from his parents!
What, no selfie of you and that thirty-six pounder, though? How are you supposed to take the White Sea Bass and now, the Yellowtail, portion of WCW without that photo. As it stands, you'll have two beer mug trophies on your mantle. One from each fish's category. To go along with your hundred or so Tennis trophies. And still have to wait a few years before being allowed to legally drink.
I'm waiting to post the selfie until as late as possible.. Rather humiliating. I thought for sure I would get shit from you for the cooler shot, thanks josh.

And momo fish, the rod holders are a pain in the ass. My rods barely fit, and they always fill up with water. Just got annoying