Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-26-2015, 06:46 AM   #1
RockyRaab

PirahnaMax 170 user here. Freshwater only. I couldn't be happier except that I lost the temp reading when I replaced the original xducer with a true through-hull model. Meaning it is mounted THROUGH the hull, giving a flat unobstructed xducer surface below.

And inside:

Humminbird still offers that replacement xducer, but they no longer honor the free swap program I used.
RockyRaab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 09:23 AM   #2
ronbo613
Waterman At Large

Quote:
Originally Posted by momo fish View Post
We were all there at one point and in sure like me most will regret wasting money when unit broke without warranty or didn't work well enough.. An hour is nothing compare to waiting a few weeks for a repair from manufacture.. Besides most places to ocean fish are near a WM.
But live and learn and do what's best for you.
Most places in Southern California to ocean fish are near a WM(I assume that's West Marine), that is not the case everywhere in the world. I've bought plenty of stuff from Western Marine for many years, they are a good place to buy marine products, especially convenient if you live in SoCal. Anyway, I'm not interested in a product you need to return on a regular basis.

I read somewhere that a guy bought two Lowrance HDS 5 fishfinders so he could always have a working unit while the other one was being repaired. Seems to be an expensive workaround, one lemon is usually enough for me.