Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-11-2016, 10:50 AM   #1
5-20

Nucanoe - Thoughts

I'm pretty intrigued by the Nucanoe Frontier 12 model. Those things have a number of features I really like: elevated lawn chair that rotates 360, 650 lb pay load, it's a super stable rig that's easy to stand up in. And best of all, best of all, you can strap a 2.5 hp motor to that baby.

I know... kind of heresy to talk about using a motor on a yak site, but I'm thinking about how awesome it could be chasing BFT out of one of those things with a little motor. Seems like I would have a ton of launch points to choose from up and down the coast and that I might be able to break through some of the riskier areas that most people generally avoid with peddle or paddle yaks just because they can't clear the big sets quickly enough before getting hammered. With that motor, it almost seems like I could just wait for a lull in the waves and then scoot right through.

I'm hoping this doesn't escalate into an argument about whether it's really a yak or not or how using a motor "takes away from the fun of using a yak" or any of that silly stuff.

I haven't seen one of those things up close yet but hope to soon. Just curious about if you guys have any thoughts about nucanoes at all.
5-20 is offline   Reply With Quote