Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports

Old 10-30-2018, 09:37 PM   #1
Amish Ed

Dana Pt, 10-28-18

Launched from the ramp at 12:30 in the afternoon to a steady breeze out of the WSW and a fog bank edge sitting over the area. Water ran 66.9-68º and was for the most part clearish and green. I started by drifting the outside of the bent arm of the short jetty. Nothing, not even a bite. Paddled over to a boiler I like off of Doheny. After about a 1/2 hour I got a nice legal Calico. It took me into the rocks and I had to finesse it out with my 10lb line. Then I got another shorter one, and another shorter still. Then I got a small Sand Bass. This took about a 1/2hr, no other fish or bites for the next hour or so though. Remembered an errand I was supposed to do before fishing, so I headed in at 3 to do that.

Didn't feel I was missing much, the wind was blowing pretty good and the drifts were fast. Thankfully the area I was working had a good bit of structure over a good 40yds. The jetties blocked a bit of the chop also.

I fished a lot of different baits/colors, but it was a Zoom fluke in Baby Bass that got all the fish and bites. I fished it on a 1/2oz Caivo (SP?) underspin. Fresh Hot Sauce for flavor.

I couldn't help missing Landwhale while I was out there. An era has ended for me with his retirement from kayak fishing. But, his kayak went to a good home. My brother, once he gets racks will be using it. So, hopefully I'll have a new fishing buddy soon and I can share this great sport with him.