Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-01-2015, 08:36 AM   #21
Dave Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahigeer View Post
Hi Dave,

It is Fener from the other website.
Hey Hashem!
Dave Legacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 08:40 AM   #22
Dave Legacy

Thanks again for all the advice. I actually have a scotty rod holder that I hadn't found an application for yet, but now think I'll put it to use trolling. I have two flushmounts near my feet that I'll install some scotty gimbal adapters in for scotty rod holders and that should do it. I think I'll troll around some diving hardbaits and save my spoons for throwing at the bits of floating kelp and boils.

Looking forward to putting this advice to use!
Dave Legacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 09:14 AM   #23
TJones

use the large spoon or even a tady 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Legacy View Post
I'm fishing completely blind, no depth finder, so at this point my expectations have been bonito or cuda. However, I'd like to learn how to troll at varying depths. Right now I'm just trying to get a feel for, and understand, a new-to-me technique.
I have hooked all kinds of fish using the large spoon .I have gotten into large cuda boils and hooked them one after another , I have hooked large calicos dragging them over kelp , I have even hooked bones after they stole all my live bait using this spoon. This spoon will have also serve for catching macs or bait . The smaller spoon should get you down if you let out enough line ? Slowing the pace down might do the trick . These fish will have no problem grabbing the larger spoons. I have even hooked a large yellow trolling the tady 45 , while trying to shake the dogs from eating my lively ones. Needless to say, big grumpy was waiting for my prize after the fish stopped making his initial run . Tight lines.
TJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 09:20 AM   #24
TJones

i have done a lot of thread jacking in past.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murray View Post
Thought I would post this as it took me quite awhile to eliminate squeaky mirage drive and that others may be experiencing the same problem. After several 7 hr trips the squeak was pretty much driving me crazy. I have an old v1 drive so it was time to update with turbo fins. Worked out great. Had a chain break so put on all new chains figuring the others were probably going to fail sooner than later. Can not remember when the squeak actually began, but not too much longer after upgrades. Had the drums replaced as it appeared they had worn and were hitting the idler pulley. Next trip went well but then it came back. Finally disassembled the entire drive and serviced it. Noticed that one of the chains was a bit sticky so loosened and lubed. Cause may have been chain or that entire unit needed to be serviced. Also added nylon washers to protect drums from wearing on spine. Not that big a deal to service and it sure makes drive silky smooth and easier to pedal. Also good to know how it works in case you need to make on the water adjustments or repairs. Will be taking drive out of yak and securing before launching and landings to keep sand out in the future. Good luck and happy pedaling.
but this is way off target . . like i said , i've done my share . who am i to judge ?
TJones is offline   Reply With Quote