Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-2015, 02:54 PM   #1
Dave Legacy

Anyone have experience with this seat-back bag?

Hey dudes,

I've been outfitting a tandem, which is a bit of an uphill battle. One of the challenges I'm facing is having convenient access to stuff and possibly not enough well placed rod holders for rod transport. I'm considering trying out a couple of the COD rod holder bags for the backs of my Apex1 seats, but they look cheap, so I'm wondering if they're even worth the coin? I'd rather spend the money else where if these suck.

The idea was to be able to toss a tape measure, snacks, terminal tackle, etc., in the bags and maybe put my bass rods in the seat tubes to reserve the flush mounts for my heavier gear.

Anyone tried these out?

http://www.codpaddlesports.com/produ...rod-holder-bag

Best regards,

Dave
Dave Legacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 03:55 PM   #2
sandico

Dannu makes one similar. Good construction. Send me PM with PH# or email and I can send you pics.

Kerry
OEX Mission Bay
sandico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 04:56 PM   #3
Dave Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandico View Post
Dannu makes one similar. Good construction. Send me PM with PH# or email and I can send you pics.

Kerry
OEX Mission Bay
Thanks! I forgot to include my email in my initial PM response, so I followed up with a second one. Is this the "Wingman Accessory Pack" that you are referencing?
Dave Legacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 06:27 PM   #4
skrilla

My girl has the COD Explorer seat on her Mini-x. It has the bag sewn into the back. Works great for storing her crap in it. A Plano waterproof box is insurance for keeping things dry in case of a flip. Has held up fine so far.

I did look into that same exact rod holder bag for my older kayak. Every shop said the rod holders were too close for comfort and I'd be better off with something else. I opted for the orange Plano box, bolted on some rocket launchers, and never looked back.