Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-14-2007, 06:45 AM   #1
nmbrinkman
Work Sucks!

LJ PM 7/13

Decided to fish the point thinking that a combination of current and the usual light PM fishing pressure might be the way to go. Got on the water around 1pm and found easy bait about 200 yds NNW of the pier. Sloppy, windy conditions made it a tough paddle there as well as out to the point. Got outside and heard a whole lot of yelling and a few bendo rods. Sonar was showing a lot of good marks but the slimers made things a bit difficult. Birds were working but because of the washing maching conditions coupled with wind driven whitecaps, it was a bit tough to actually see what was boiling. Every bait came back pretty raked up.

A couple different strange happenings took place though. Had one clicker scream that actually birds nested my reel (with the clicker on). So I quickly pull the slack off the spool and let the rod load up. After a quick fight I get cudazilla yakside and only to find it went lingcod on me.. I inspect my bait only to find that it wasn't ever hooked. It just held on to the bait and ran once it saw my pliers heading his way... Then a few minutes later, I'm cutting a foot off the end of my leader (slimer teeth) and my jig stick is going off. The strange thing is that it was laying down the length of my kayak with the iron dangling about a foot in the water. Luckily the drag was just past the bait setting otherwise I'd be missing a jig stick...

Anyhow, it was getting late and I decided to start working my way back in. Nothing great to report but bait was everywhere and aside from the wind, the conditions look on the up and up. Off the water by 8pm. Seems like only a matter of time now.

Last edited by nmbrinkman; 07-14-2007 at 06:59 AM.
nmbrinkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 09:27 AM   #2
Handymansd
Ancient Member

wow, sounds like a great time OTW to me!

Handymansd is offline   Reply With Quote