Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-18-2011, 06:52 AM   #1
oneyedeer

Does the hobie bait tank fit in a 08 outfitter flush?

I read the description on it but don't see them mentioning the outfitter...just weighing my option if it does then I could see spending the extra money
oneyedeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 07:20 AM   #2
Iceman
Administrator

There are no scuppers in the rear of the Outfitter, so you can not set it up to pick up and outflow. You would have to modify or use something that is drawing over the side as well as draining.
Old 05-18-2011, 07:42 AM   #3
oneyedeer

thanks ice!
Old 05-18-2011, 09:08 AM   #4
-scallywag-
Banned

The hobie tank will not work.

A rear mounted bait tank, like the ones Andy suggested, and OEX sells, will work fine when fishing with two people.

When fishing solo, consider building a larger bait tank and strapping it forward in the front footwell, along with a small cooler, exc... to trim out the yak. I guess the OEX bait tank could just be strapped up front instead of building a second tank, but I like the extra weight of the larger tank up front.

have fun!!!
-scallywag- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 10:13 AM   #5
RedSledTeam
Daddeo

OEX baitank

This is an OEX baittank on the back of my outfitter. I tried to fill it up while fishing CDM but quickly found out when we stopped moving that you can't fill it up all the way or you'll sink!! I have to regulate the waterlevel to about 3 inches to still be safe. If you put it up front while going solo, you should have no problem. When not being used as a baittank, it makes a great storage bin and of course a rod holder for 8 rods.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Redsled&yellowIrvine.jpg (57.6 KB, 127 views)
RedSledTeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 09:57 AM   #6
oneyedeer

What size did you used the 40 or the 60 pet container? weight is my concern to is the wieght...also how hard is it to add a scupper? how much would OEX charge? i'm a beginner so any advice is GREATLY appreciated...secondly those who do thru hulls why I haven't seen anybody design a tank like Hobie with the pump inside and in the bottom of the tank
Old 05-19-2011, 01:48 PM   #7
RedSledTeam
Daddeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneyedeer View Post
What size did you used the 40 or the 60 pet container? weight is my concern to is the wieght...also how hard is it to add a scupper? how much would OEX charge? i'm a beginner so any advice is GREATLY appreciated...secondly those who do thru hulls why I haven't seen anybody design a tank like Hobie with the pump inside and in the bottom of the tank
I bought the tank from Aquahunter here's the post and the specs: http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/s...ahunter&page=4

I just drilled a hole in the side and added pvc plumbing and a vinyl hose for the scupper. You can build a tank with a pump inside, but placing the pump in the water negates the priming of the pump issue. It's small enough to where I don't notice it.
Old 05-19-2011, 01:56 PM   #8
Iceman
Administrator

Quote:
also how hard is it to add a scupper? how much would OEX charge?
Not a viable option!
Old 05-19-2011, 03:11 PM   #9
RedSledTeam
Daddeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneyedeer View Post
In your case, can you define exactly what you mean by "scupper"? Where and what purpose?
Old 10-19-2011, 08:17 AM   #10
Aquahunter
Crazy Deaf Cuban Redneck

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSledTeam View Post
This is an OEX baittank on the back of my outfitter. I tried to fill it up while fishing CDM but quickly found out when we stopped moving that you can't fill it up all the way or you'll sink!! I have to regulate the waterlevel to about 3 inches to still be safe. If you put it up front while going solo, you should have no problem. When not being used as a baittank, it makes a great storage bin and of course a rod holder for 8 rods.
Correction, sorry this took a long time for me to reply, I had the tank custom made and slapped on the OEX sticker because I bought most of the parts from OEX.