Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-02-2015, 07:28 PM   #21
the dude

Mission Belle 3/4 day boat caught 4 today ...it's gonna be a crazy year.
Old 04-02-2015, 07:37 PM   #22
momo fish

Think you were right all along as they are moving on up.... Tuna off a kayak this year? Looking very very promising...

momo fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 08:01 PM   #23
YakDout
Brandon

Didn't they lift the Bluefin ban in mexico sometime in August? Why did the boat release em?
YakDout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 11:01 PM   #24
vincentek9
MAYNEE-YAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by YakDout View Post
Didn't they lift the Bluefin ban in mexico sometime in August? Why did the boat release em?
they said they would lift the bft ban.... but no official paperwork yet. therefore, bft are still illegal in mexico.

GOOD NEWS is the bft are in US waters already. upper 9 mile bank and the butterfly. we'll see how/where they move in the next few days/weeks.
Old 04-09-2015, 11:33 AM   #25
udowinkler
Junior

Thumbs up Discover Baja

Hey, buddy!

I just saw your story printed in the Discover Baja magazine, the one about the 47 pounder YT you caught and took a photo of on your pick up's tailgate.

Congratulations, Mr. author!
udowinkler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 12:23 PM   #26
Zed
BANNED

Link:
http://www.discoverbaja.com/wp-conte...ewsletter1.pdf
Old 04-09-2015, 02:26 PM   #27
rossman
Marginally Irrelevant

Very nice! Gary Graham emailed me and asked if he could use some quotes and pictures for something but I thought it was only for his Baja Bites on Bloody Decks. Should I start working on a screen play?
"When beholding the tranquil beauty and brilliancy of the ocean’s skin, one forgets the tiger heart that pants beneath it; and would not willingly remember that this velvet paw but conceals a remorseless fang. "
— Herman Melville

Y'all come see me now, hear!
rossman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 02:29 PM   #28
Zed
BANNED

Old Man and the Sea has been done.
Old 04-28-2015, 01:38 PM   #29
udowinkler
Junior

I can't be 100% sure, but I think that some whales travel between Asunción island and the rock point by shore, is that they remember the fish boils and the great fishing right in front of the house you are staying in, Ross.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossman View Post
Thanks Jim, that is good information. That channel is really shallow. An interesting thing I have noticed about the channel. As the whales migrate North around this time of year about 20 to 30 percent go through that channel while the rest go out around the island. They seem to understand that it is a risky place because the come up to the channel at their normal leisurely pace of 2 to 3 mph. They spout a few times, fluke and then sprint through there. It seems the resurface on the other side much quicker than you would expect.
Hope we cross paths in May.
udowinkler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 02:52 PM   #30
rossman
Marginally Irrelevant

Yes, I saw three of them go through that strait this morning. The whales down here seem to relish interaction with humans. In southern California they tend to swim in a straight line and because the zealots up there consider anybody that comes when thin 100 yards of them is harassing them, you can paddle perpendicular to their course and avoid interactions with them. Down here, if you try to avoid them, they simply make a course change so they can get a closer look at you.
"When beholding the tranquil beauty and brilliancy of the ocean’s skin, one forgets the tiger heart that pants beneath it; and would not willingly remember that this velvet paw but conceals a remorseless fang. "
— Herman Melville

Y'all come see me now, hear!
rossman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 08:07 PM   #31
Irishman

That's the best part of fishing. I've seen and caught what 99% would say no way. Highlight of this was about 10 years ago, 1/2 day boat out of Point Loma, I was young and dumb with fishing and laughed at for trolling a feather....but I did hook and lose what myself and about 6 others on the boat described as a marlin....don't laugh but we all saw the same thing...jump from water, line go off like crazy and a fish that when jumping had the long bill and so on. It was within view of point loma and late August. I was dumbfounded and the guys that saw it said the same...lasted about 30 seconds
You never know where a fish decides to go, think 40 years ago and the stories of ppl catching yellows from the piers
Irishman is offline   Reply With Quote