Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-14-2015, 01:10 PM   #21
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Location: Vista California, Gonzaga, San Quintin, Asuncion, Mag Bay
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabojohn View Post
Whoa-
I'm yer huckleberry cuz.
You don't have to call me names...
Some of us pansies have feelings too you know.
THIS is a trip I will do with you.
A one way East Cape PNF...FKNA
Way over my head. Cuz I understand, Names, I sorry. Feelings me too. This would be a great trip. No understand, one way PNF...FNKA, east cape yes. HELP to deciffer.

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
makobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 03:13 PM   #22
Denis_Ruso

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by makobob View Post
I feel honored sir, your first post. Ok any trip to Gonzaga is open, you could come a day or two early or leave a few days early to keep it shorter. Actually you could do that on any trip it just means you do not get to caravan with the whole group. These trips are flexable.
Cheers.

I was actually tipped off by someone about this forum for this exact reason. I've wanted to take a camping trip to Baja but all my friends are chicken.

I am still working on getting my kayak rigged up before I commit to a trip.

What kind of paddling are we talking about once we are there? I am fairly new to kayaking and I do not want to get in over my head in case the conditions are less then stellar. I know it can get tough when the wind and current pick up in the afternoon.
Denis_Ruso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 03:24 PM   #23
ful-rac
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis_Ruso View Post
Cheers.

What kind of paddling are we talking about once we are there? I am fairly new to kayaking and I do not want to get in over my head in case the conditions are less then stellar. I know it can get tough when the wind and current pick up in the afternoon.
You are asking the right questions! If you don't have any experience right now...then get as much as you can before your trip to baja, so you can get the most out of your trip. Don't rely on someone else to teach you everything once your there, otherwise it will take away the experience from the other persons trip. So get out there and do some fish'n already!
Old 05-14-2015, 04:35 PM   #24
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis_Ruso View Post
Cheers.

I was actually tipped off by someone about this forum for this exact reason. I've wanted to take a camping trip to Baja but all my friends are chicken.

Just rig and fish your yak. Launches and landings where I fish are usually at the beginners level. UNLESS the winds come up. We fish within a mile of the beach, most times within 200 yards of the rocks or beach. Most of the guys fish within 4-5 miles of camp. Tight lines. And welcome to Big Waters Edge, look into OEX, stop by their shops and ask questions on rigging your yak, they know what the are doing and might save you some time and mistakes. The are always ready to Rig YOUR yak the right way.

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
Old 05-15-2015, 10:25 AM   #25
Denis_Ruso

Quote:
Just rig and fish your yak. Launches and landings where I fish are usually at the beginners level. UNLESS the winds come up. We fish within a mile of the beach, most times within 200 yards of the rocks or beach. Most of the guys fish within 4-5 miles of camp. Tight lines. And welcome to Big Waters Edge, look into OEX, stop by their shops and ask questions on rigging your yak, they know what the are doing and might save you some time and mistakes. The are always ready to Rig YOUR yak the right way.
I've gone through all 30 pages of Share Your Innovations along with probably 20-30 pages on other forums. I have a pretty good idea of what I want to do to it. I'm keeping it pretty simple so there is less of a headache when it comes to surf launching.

I am mostly going to be fishing in the Malibu area and there are rarely stellar conditions to launch. I am tethering everything and trying to keep the amount of gear to a bare minimum.

My third time out on a kayak I launched in 4-7 foot swells breaking 40-50 ft from shore. So I'd rather play it safe.

Worth the launch though been hooked ever since .
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FullSizeRender.jpg (157.2 KB, 69 views)
Denis_Ruso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 08:18 AM   #26
udowinkler
Junior

rossman must be your best friend, makobob. He is staying in the best beachfront house in BA, and he's got an extra bedroom.
Oh! Did I mention that his house is for sale? Perhaps some of you can get on a shared house deal, after he decides when to move out, sometime next year.

Quote:
6 June San Quintin Halibut tournament

24-30 June Gonzaga Bay

27 July-9 August Asuncion/Abreojos visit ROSSMAN

8-17 Sept Private trip to Gonzaga

17-24 October Gonzaga best trip of 2014

23 Nov-3 Dec Asuncion/Abreosos visit ROSSMAN

26 Dec-9 Jan 2016 New Years in Mag Bay visit ROSSMAN

New Years trip still needs two anglers to happen. And on a personal note I could use a few more anglers for the San Quintin Tournament on 6 June, however I understand the fishing could get HOT here at the same time. Tight lines.
udowinkler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 09:10 AM   #27
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Quote:
Originally Posted by udowinkler View Post
rossman must be your best friend, makobob. He is staying in the best beachfront house in BA, and he's got an extra bedroom.
Oh! Did I mention that his house is for sale? Perhaps some of you can get on a shared house deal, after he decides when to move out, sometime next year.
You are right, Ross has leased a great property in a very fishy area of Baja. Yes that house has been on the market for a while. Maybe Ross won't move out? I think that the asking price might be high. AND it is close to both Turtle Bay, Guerro Negro, Abreojos are all within a couple hour drive and Mag Bay is about 6 hours out. So an all around great location, half way to Cabo and East Cape. Location, location, location!!!!!!

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
Old 05-17-2015, 09:11 AM   #28
udowinkler
Junior

The house is also close to La Bocana (½ hour away), another great fishing area.
I am open to offers on the house. The only other place that is not owned by a Mexican, is the B&B (La Bufadora Inn) which has the best view of the Pacific. My place has a superb view also, is well decorated, has zero maintenance issues, and has a two car garage. The entire back yard is covered in laja stones and concrete.
You can go to the website www.bajabargainbeachfrontcutie.com to view photos of the place.

Quote:
You are right, Ross has leased a great property in a very fishy area of Baja. Yes that house has been on the market for a while. Maybe Ross won't move out? I think that the asking price might be high. AND it is close to both Turtle Bay, Guerro Negro, Abreojos are all within a couple hour drive and Mag Bay is about 6 hours out. So an all around great location, half way to Cabo and East Cape. Location, location, location!!!!!!
udowinkler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 10:24 AM   #29
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Quote:
Originally Posted by udowinkler View Post
PM sent

And you are right it is VERY nice, and in a great location.

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
Old 05-17-2015, 04:43 PM   #30
Deamon

Hmmmm...Rossman, me, you, Wally, Sven...$10k each. Only ten others to buy that place. Jim
Deamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 05:10 PM   #31
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deamon View Post
Hmmmm...Rossman, me, you, Wally, Sven...$10k each. Only ten others to buy that place. Jim
Sheet, what you waiting for?

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN