Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-18-2009, 05:08 AM   #1
Billy V

The Mission Statement from the Enemy

"effective management of fisheries, an end to overfishing, and the elimination of destructive fishing practices."

Just what we need, someone else to tell us what we can, or can not do.

http://www.packard.org/categoryList....&CategoryID=61
--------------------------------

Be sure to attend every MLPA meeting You can.
-I'm on my way to LA, See you guys later.

Billy V
Billy V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 06:19 AM   #2
dsafety
Olivenhain Bob

Those goals mirror our own. In fact, two out of three of the goals have already been substantially met. The first one, "Effective Management of Fisheries" is where we disagree with this group.

I do not have a lot of faith in any plan hatched by a bunch of knee jerk bureaucrats being guided by the same politicians who brought us the current California budget meltdown.

Bob
dsafety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 08:05 AM   #3
tylerdurden
Bad Clone

Thanks Billy. I really couldn't do this one. Thanks to the guys that can.

Let the Fish and Game Commission know what you think about the proposed maps.

Be ready for December 9th and 10th.

tylerdurden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 08:26 AM   #4
rogersmith

maybe they can design a website that doesn't scramble the text on IE and I will take them more seriously
rogersmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 01:19 PM   #5
T-Rex

Thanks for the link.
T-Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 06:53 PM   #6
Tman
BRTF...bought & paid...

That settles it...I am going to apply for a grant!

I am going to put a nice letter together requesting grant assistance to achieve balance and harmony for our coastline.

My grant will be two-fold; first, utilizing proven, completed scientific data available from the past 40 years, I wish to isolate which areas of our coastline have suffered the most, and what was the cause of the decline.

This will take considerable time, as I do not want to rush into it without taking the time to thoroughly examine the data and the need to include all factors involved.

Second, after reviewing the data, and isolating what factors are contributing to the decline, I will then thoroughly and painstakingly address each factor that is contributing to the decline, and by making unbiased decisions as to what is affecting our coastline, determine how we can resolve the issue, keeping a fair and balanced approach.

This again will take time, since I plan to include not only the public, but anyone who may be affected by what my studies find. I then plan to organize a concentrated effort with all persons affected, and utilizing an open forum approach, where all participants will have equal access to information and studies completed, we will look at ways to preserve our coastline, in a manner that would be not only beneficial to our coastline, but beneficial to all persons involved.

Each group will be allowed two (2) representatives, with a democratic voting system for a positive and agreeable solution. We will look at all methods to help protect our fisheries and assure our coastline of having a healthy habitat. No stone will be left unturned, all options will be considered.

I hope they approve my grant, so I can get started right away...I'll keep you posted...

Tman
Gaffer for Clay the Fishcatcher
Tman is offline   Reply With Quote