Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-14-2010, 10:01 AM   #21
WahooUSMA

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaticHunter View Post
Like you, I couldn't even work after I saw that video yesterday. I sent it to the guy I made that trip to Catalina with and it made him want to move back to California.

Are you going with the single or tandem? I was checking them out last night and with the sail area it looks like the tandem would go faster. Any place you know of to demo them?

Oh and don't worry about Danny. He's mad at the world right now over his guilt at taking a baby fish. But he'll get on the treadmill and get over it.
Going with the Tandem. The only down side I see right now is that this is a BIG kayak at 18.6 ft. I though my PA was big, this things another 6 ft longer. There are a group of guy's in Hawaii that actually are using the tandems with spreaders/feathers and are nailing some big fish.

I just need to learn how to sail now! Going to Dana Point for the demo on Sunday.

WahooUSMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 11:08 AM   #22
AquaticHunter

Dang. I almost wish I could skip my son's birthday party on Sunday so I could go down there with you guys. This has really messed me up! I thought about the length also but I'm sure you'll figure something out without having to buy a trailer. My kayak is over 14' so I don't think you'll have a problem.

Section 25. The people shall have the right to fish upon and from
the public lands of the State and in the waters thereof...
AquaticHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 12:53 PM   #23
WahooUSMA

I have a 3/4 long bed (8ft). I figure with a 4ft bed extension from Harbor Freight, I will only be hanging out 6 additional feet.....hahah - LMAO

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaticHunter View Post
Dang. I almost wish I could skip my son's birthday party on Sunday so I could go down there with you guys. This has really messed me up! I thought about the length also but I'm sure you'll figure something out without having to buy a trailer. My kayak is over 14' so I don't think you'll have a problem.

Old 10-14-2010, 02:02 PM   #24
StinkyMatt

Rentals?

Are there any places that rent these things? (big bucks for me) Like you guys, I got the beach shots from the video stuck in my head......If I could rent one, I am down to make a trip any time....Matt
StinkyMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 08:23 PM   #25
WahooUSMA

Quote:
Originally Posted by StinkyMatt View Post
Are there any places that rent these things? (big bucks for me) Like you guys, I got the beach shots from the video stuck in my head......If I could rent one, I am down to make a trip any time....Matt
Dana Point Jet Ski Rentals....

Old 10-18-2010, 12:33 PM   #26
scoop

Quote:
Originally Posted by WahooUSMA View Post
I just need to learn how to sail now! Going to Dana Point for the demo on Sunday.
How did it go?
scoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 12:56 PM   #27
WahooUSMA

Kent (aka Roeboat) and I went out Sunday afternoon thinking we would get some wind. No such luck. That aside, the TI is one big ass kayak, especially when there is no wind and you have a 6'3 265 fat ass in the front cockpit..hahah. We caught a couple of gusts and it really motivates. I can't imagine what type of numbers we could put up with a steady 15-20 mph wind.

It's not the best platform for fishing, but it is managable...I think the Adventure Islander is set up better for fishing, but it's considerably slower.

All in all, I can't wait until I pick mine up.............Come on guys, someone pick up my Revo before I have to use my credit card to pay off the remaining balance.

Old 10-19-2010, 03:54 PM   #28
805gregg

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoeBoat View Post
Anyone want to trade a nicely rigged 2009 Hobie Revo for one of those Adventures with the sail? I want to try that. Anyone have any idea how long it took them to get to Catalina?
Forever. Better pick your weather window well, the last time I left Catalina for Ventura in my 26' boat, it was 6-8' swell and 20 knots of wind 2 miles from the Two Harbors, down to 12 knots for a 70 mile ride (normally 30), on a Hobie Adventure you better head back to the Island.
805gregg is offline   Reply With Quote