Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion

Old 10-21-2010, 01:45 PM   #1
Billy V

Compiling the Political Chit List

It Election Time !

We need to compile a list of elected officials that gave us a good douching during this scandalous MLPA process - stripping us of our rights to fish.

-So that we may repay the favor at the Polls.

If there is anyone Special you would like to make note of please Post their Name and the location of their elected position.
Old 10-21-2010, 02:47 PM   #2
driftwood

Here's a start!
driftwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 03:22 PM   #3
Gino

Hes termed out, so about all you can give him is a foot in the ass as he walks out the door.

My Personal Opinion... If you are not in favor of Enviormental extremities I wouldnt vote for this guy.

Im not voting for Arnold in a Girdle either.
Vote however you want...

paid for by Gino for Governor 2010
Gino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 03:32 PM   #4
dsafety
Olivenhain Bob

Maggie Houlihan is not up for re-election to the Encintias City Council this time around but she needs to be put on the list along with Christine Kehoe and Bob Filner.

Bob
dsafety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 04:08 PM   #5
bellcon

Billy
The chit list I made awhile back has a more than a few politicians on it...
There's a start

Any and every name on the chit list has at one point given support to map 3
or an even more restrictive proposal, or has given support in writing to a group or organization that was pushing for these closures...
Old 10-21-2010, 04:50 PM   #6
kurtfish

Billy for Congress

Lets get Billy to run against Filner. Not sure if Filner is up this time around or if Billy lives in his District but his speach delivery and those eyebrows of his really hammer home his talking points. If not for Billy the SD Council would have been listed as supporting Map 3. I was going to attach Steve's great pic of Billy but as it seems that lying about a SDUSD endorsement may not be beyond the scope of the other side I reconsidered any attachment. We know the other side trolls these waters so we do need to consider potential ramifications of our posts.

The other Flecther, no relation to Bob C. is not on our side. Nathan voiced support of the Childern's Pool closure and we know he likes closed door politics with his recent deal with Sanders to try to help the Chargers and downtown redevelopment. Unfortunately, I don't think he is up for re-election either. Nick Popiditch is running for a House seat in what I believe may be Filner's southern and eastern district and he is great. An ex-Marine who showed up at the Hubbs Bill Poole Memorial and a Safari Club meeting. Bilbray's less government message sounds like he is worth keeping around as well.
kurtfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 05:02 PM   #7
Tman
BRTF...bought & paid...

Billy for Congress

Great idea...we can always weight him down and drop him off his yak to Davey Jones' locker if he tries to pull a fast one on us...

Plus it sounds like he actually cares about Sea Kittens, so that may work for our favor...

What say Billy? You kinda do look like you could be a politician, we can arrange publicity since we do have a Member of the Press amongst us, I'm sure you will have full support of your contingents, and as long as your past is clean (ok, well, somewhat) we can get working on the PR aspect.

Just don't drop the F bomb when you start talking about the BRTF and enviros...

Tman
Gaffer for Clay the Fishcatcher
Tman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 08:19 PM   #8
bmercury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gino View Post
Hes termed out, so about all you can give him is a foot in the ass as he walks out the door.

My Personal Opinion... If you are not in favor of Enviormental extremities I wouldnt vote for this guy.

Im not voting for Arnold in a Girdle either.
Vote however you want...

paid for by Gino for Governor 2010
the wording on the podium there is very obviously fake.

As far as I know, neither campaign has an official position on the MLPA process. Brown's campaign has at least responded to some letters on the issue basically saying he will listen to all sides including fishermen but not taking a position. I'm sure there are a lot of people here that will not be voting for him. I will, however, point out that Megabucks is your archetypal "yacht club party" republican and those people like seeing fishermen in their ocean view about as much as the laguna types.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurtfish View Post
Bilbray's less government
you will pretty much never find anyone running on a major party ticket that supports "less government," only people with differing opinions on the role of it.
bmercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 08:30 PM   #9
AquaticHunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmercury View Post
the wording on the podium there is very obviously fake..
No Sh!t.

Quote:
you will pretty much never find anyone running on a major party ticket that supports "less government," only people with differing opinions on the role of it.
Ever heard of Ronald Reagan or Sarah Palin? Dude every time you speak, the more I think you are a plant. Why is that?

Section 25. The people shall have the right to fish upon and from
the public lands of the State and in the waters thereof...
AquaticHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 08:43 PM   #10
jbm

I have heard from several reputable sources on calguns.net that Brown is actually sympathetic to sportsmen. I believe his dad was one and he grew up on his dad's ranch.

While Meg is definitely not in bed with the enviro-types, she also doesn't appear to be someone who would expend any political capital where it wouldn't give her a significant return on her investment. I doubt we fall in that category.
jbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 08:50 PM   #11
bmercury

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaticHunter View Post
No Sh!t.

Ever heard of Ronald Reagan or Sarah Palin? Dude every time you speak, the more I think you are a plant. Why is that?
Government spending and debt actually increased under Reagan. Perhaps it depends on what your measure of "less government" is though.

As far as Palin I don't see how she is worth mentioning. Yes she was on a major ticket, but as a cheap gimmick/last minute pick. As to her views I do not believe she is able to comprehend enough to actually have any views of her own. She is in it for the fame and fortune.
bmercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 09:44 PM   #12
Gino

Quote:
the wording on the podium there is very obviously fake.

As far as I know, neither campaign has an official position on the MLPA process. Brown's campaign has at least responded to some letters on the issue basically saying he will listen to all sides including fishermen but not taking a position. I'm sure there are a lot of people here that will not be voting for him. I will, however, point out that Megabucks is your archetypal "yacht club party" republican and those people like seeing fishermen in their ocean view about as much as the laguna types.

Yeah it is fake becuase i put it there. I posted this and another pic along time ago.

The guy is a Green nut... What more else do you need to know? You think hes not in favor of the MLPA? please... maybe hell forget to shut his phone off and youl hear how he really thinks about it.
http://www.jerrybrown.org/record/environment These his enviormental record.
The guy founded the California Coastal commision...

dude im voting for Dale Ogden the Libertarian canidate becuase im for the most part a libertarian (conservative kind) i like how becuase i post a picture joking on Jerry that im pushing for a meg whitman.

The "Laguna" types are Lefties my friend. The voting records prove it too. And most of the Palos Verdes Hollywood types namly Barbara Striesand are the ones who have contibuted to the MLPA and she aint no republican..

You be really suprised on Californias Voting. They are acually a moderate conservative state, i could list examples many being recent ones too. But the Districting is rather lopsided to the left, it explains why nearly 2/3 of the states legislature are Democrats. And that is the key to the pie.

Ron paul ran on a major ticket for presidency too. Hes for even less goverment than Reagan and Palin, But people wanted Hope instead

Hey i could be all wrong! maybe Jerry brown is secretly cool with fisherman and the sportfishing community? You wont know till you find out. But im willing to bet some Apples That if he wins the Governors race you all in for a big suprise...
Gino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 09:54 PM   #13
Billy V

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurtfish View Post
Lets get Billy to run against Filner.
I'm flattered but I think I could do a lot more if I remained outside of the public eye.
All those doors I managed to open to council members, assemblymen, etc., take a subtle approach. I find it better not to be mainstream.
Old 10-22-2010, 08:44 AM   #14
AquaticHunter

Quote:
Government spending and debt actually increased under Reagan. Perhaps it depends on what your measure of "less government" is though. .
You're going to try to convice us that Ronald Reagan was for bigger government? Good luck with that. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STLR6tFP4S4

Quote:
As far as Palin I don't see how she is worth mentioning. Yes she was on a major ticket, but as a cheap gimmick/last minute pick. As to her views I do not believe she is able to comprehend enough to actually have any views of her own. She is in it for the fame and fortune.
I know, every Republican is stupid and dumb from Ronald Reagan, Dan Quayle, George W. Bush, Sarah Palin... Can't you progressives come up with something new? It's getting old.

I'm with Gino. I think I'm voting Libertarian this time. Better to go with the best person than just the lesser of two evils. I've had enough.

Section 25. The people shall have the right to fish upon and from
the public lands of the State and in the waters thereof...
AquaticHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 06:50 AM   #15
cowboybill

In General

Politcs gets ugly quick....

I tend to be more conservative, but real conservatives are hard to find...

CA is run by dems....It is a mess...

The country is in a mess... from both parties!

Until we all get tired of our own party, and throw out the existing bums, nothing will really change!!
cowboybill is offline   Reply With Quote