Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports

Old 01-11-2010, 08:31 AM   #1
Sherm

more bug limits 1-8-10 SD

I needed to get on the water for some more bugs as the wifes lobster chowder has been using up most of my catch. I couldn't get out until later than usual so I hit the water around 9:30pm. My buddy Josh showed up and we were off in search of bugs.

We paddled out of SD bay and arrived at the spot a short time later. Very....VERY dark that night. No moon and later than normal made it a little un-nerving. Setting hoops and finding the right area soon consumed any intrepidation I had about being out there floating around in a 13 foot piece of plastic.

The first pull was a sign of things to come. The hoops were heavy with bugs. Unfortunately there were a ton of shorts. Oh so many that were clickers and had to go back. This is the way it went most of the night.

Another yaker friend of mine (greg) showed up as he had originally planned on meeting us at the launch but had to meet us on the water instead. Greg joined in and the crawl seemed to slow. About an hour later and a couple moves we found them again. Same story....Shorts...shorts..shorts.

There were a few legals mixed in .....but you go through a lot of bait waiting for the ocassional keeper. It all worked out well though as Greg got four keepers and I managed a limit. Nothing huge but enough.

Josh and I decided to leave and Greg stayed for another hour or so since he was late in getting there. I heard from Greg later he managed five.

Another fun night on the water. Glassy water conditions a good cigar and crawling bugs. The next evening was Baja style lobster out on the deck watching another San Diego Sunset. The same deck and back yard we are going to have the Pal & MJ appreciation Party on this comng weekend. January in SD sure doesn't suck I hope to see a bunch of you Saturday night. Please check out the PAL & MJ Fiesta sticky on the General Kayak fishing Forum for details.
Attached Thumbnails

Old 01-11-2010, 09:24 AM   #2
Stoneale
Banned

Cool sticker.. nice bugs too.
Stoneale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 10:19 PM   #3
food4less562

very nice
food4less562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 10:12 AM   #4
BT

Once again nice job!

Hope yuo guys have fun this weekend. Going to be putting in a fence at the house, so I am a wee bit jealous, especially since there will be live music going on. If you need any equipment let me know.
Old 01-12-2010, 10:33 AM   #5
fishes

Lobster chowder, now that's what I'm talking about. Hmm, maybe you should have your wife post the recipe on the forum

I guess it wouldn't matter though since I can't seem to get out and get them
fishes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 11:28 AM   #6
Sherm

I'll have her right up the recipe. Your request is not the first.
Sherm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 03:31 PM   #7
NextBite

great job Sherm!