Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-20-2007, 02:01 PM   #1
JrBasser

fishing LJ tomorrow

I plan on hitting LJ in the morning. I still havn't gotten my first yak yellow, and I don't know where the deeper water is that is generally where people yoyo and my fishfinder won't be set up until next weekend. Does anyone have an aerial picture of where they gerneraly go. I will take both yellowtail and rockfish spots. No, I don't want you do give me your secret spots (unless you want to). I just don't want to get out there and lose my iron first drop cuz im in 60 feet of water and kelp.
JrBasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 06:33 PM   #2
nmbrinkman
Work Sucks!

Head straight out from the launch until you get out in front of the huge rectangular building on the point... Fish anywhere between the "condo" (rectangular building) and the pier (depths ranging from 60' to 200'). Anything deeper than 250' will be a steep drop off into the canyon.

I went out today and paddled upwind (SxSW) and drifted NE with the wind. I paddled back upwind and slightly east when I hit about 200'. I no expert but I figured this zig zag between the point and the canyon was my best bet.

This may not be the best way but until Iceman publishes his "Guide to LJ" which includes techniques and hot spots :lol:, I'll have to do my best to figure it out on my own.
nmbrinkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 07:26 PM   #3
JrBasser

thanks a lot for the reply, but things have come up and I can't make it tomorrow, and next time I'm in la jolla my fishfinder will be set up.
Old 01-21-2007, 08:34 AM   #4
baerclaws

fishing LJ tomorrow

JrBasser wrote, "I will take both yellowtail and rockfish spots."
In case you were thinking of fishing for Rockfish, they are currently closed until May.
Good Luck on the Yellows and others.
baerclaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 11:40 AM   #5
JrBasser

yes I'm awre of that but I just figured it'd be easier to ask in one topic instead of opening up another topic later.