Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-05-2007, 07:34 AM   #1
madscientist

2-4 LJ

Late launched at 9:00 pretty much had me committed to flattie fishing. No bait at the pier but I found plentiful greenies in Scripps canyon. Bounced up to the reefs, couldn't find the south one as it has no buoys on it. North one still has some pots so I drifted it for a couple hours, but the early breeze died and I lost my drift. Bounced back without a single touch. Landed around 3:30. Nice day but super slow. Saw a whale in about 50ft right of the pier and some dolphins were charging bait off of Torrey Pines out deeper.
Old 02-05-2007, 08:21 AM   #2
FISHIONADO

I launched around 11:30am and went North also. Found a couple of jumbo smelt near the pier and bounced one in 20' water to the south reef then out to deeper water and bounced the other one back to the pier in 80'-100'. No bites and no marks on the FF.
FISHIONADO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 11:21 AM   #3
nmbrinkman
Work Sucks!

Launched just before sunrise. Made a dozen or so baits and headed out to some birds. Dropped a silver/black megabait and picked up some bigger greenies. I assume it was the greenies pushing up smaller baits. Headed out a bit further to get a late summer yoyo yellow, but it wasn't to be. Tagged along with Tyler and headed back towards the pier for some butt fishing. One raked bait and that was it, headed back for the game. Seemed as if the breeze died but them picked back up around 11am.
nmbrinkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 06:54 PM   #4
Ryan The Sealion

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmbrinkman
Launched just before sunset.
spent the night out there eh..?? :lol:

I worked 3/4 today...bass bit pretty damn good around 4palms and roundkelp..there was a yaker out there too...didn't see if he was doin any good..
Ryan The Sealion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 11:57 AM   #5
nmbrinkman
Work Sucks!

I hate it when that happens...
nmbrinkman is offline   Reply With Quote