Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-08-2006, 07:52 AM   #1
Chizuck

LJ 5/6 am

Mark and I took the tandem and hit La Jolla Shores about 7:15 Saturday morning to find pretty reasonable conditions. We got out past the yellow buoy and then jigged up some mackeral in the kelp. Trolling a couple these along the edge of the kelp brought one strike from something that mangled the bait pretty good but didn't stick. After a while we turned north out into open water and started jigging irons. About 30 seconds after making a remark about how neat it would be to catch something of interest on an iron (something I've never done before) I brought this to the surface:

It was a little over 26" and grabbed the iron just after it came off the bottom in about 70 feet of water.

The wind came up a little and was blowing from the west, so we just let it push us all the way back to the yellow buoy, jigging irons and soaking baits the whole way along the canyon edge. We kept making remarks about how neat it would be catch a thresher on the iron, but I guess they couldn't hear us. Off the water at about 12:30.
Chizuck is offline   Reply With Quote