Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Buy, Sell, or Trade Kayak Fishing Gear
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-24-2011, 11:01 AM   #1
wade

WTB / P.O.S. SOT Kayak

"Poaching Preparations"

in need of:
One, 10'+ P.O.S. SOT Kayak
(or)
One, P.O.S. Canoe

Looks like I will need to get the ball rolling, and get some extra gear lined up...
I am a little new to "poaching" & I have a few questions for after the first MPA arrest. (or the second & 3rd,4th for that matter..)
Will the DFG confiscate all remaining gear I own including any angling gear at one's residence, or just the evidence at the scene of the crime?
How longs does it take till they revoke all fishing privileges in the State of California to a said offender?

wade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 11:15 AM   #2
dorado50

Thats what I have been thinking. I will probably most likely test the punishment table myself. I will fish where I want until I face jail time or run out of money.
dorado50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 01:11 PM   #3
Dan

1 888 DFG-CALTIP (888 334-2258), 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

keep this number handy and after poaching. call it and ask them to meet you back at the ramp or launch. They'll help you out with your questions.

you might even get on "Wild Justice"!!!
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 02:57 PM   #4
Caffeind

Rage makes us f'n crazy huh?

The thing is, you KNOW they're gonna make an example of the first few they nab, especially if they have some fish on board...damn, you most definately dont wanna be one of those guys.

They just won't differentiate between the "crimes" that we as anglers agree with (poaching shorts, over limiting, raping in general) and those that we feel are unjust (closures). To them, the law is the law and violators will be prosecuted.

Also, although these are new laws, perhaps ESPECIALLY because they are new laws.. you know they will penalize you as hard (maybe harder?) than they would any other offense that most anglers/divers never dream of doing...ie poaching Abalone ($20K fines!), keeping short lobster ($3K each!), etc. Repeat offenders of the worst kind (ie. selling poached fish) get jailed 1-3 yrs regularly.

I guess what I'm sayin is...go ahead and fish with your current gear cuz it wont matter if they decide to take these new laws and ram em where the sun don't shine Hopefully it aint a BWE'r that takes that one for the team.

Of course we all know you're just kidding tho, right?
Caffeind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 04:14 PM   #5
wade

I am not kidding.i am actually Dead serious.

I will however respect the current 2011 CDFG Sport Fish regulations, just not the new MPA's..
I am also dead broke, so they can take their fine(s) and keister them..I will rot in the can and pay it off at the rate of something like $17.12 a day..

So,.... Anyone with a barely floating piece of plastic wanting to sell it, contact me please..
i dont want to risk losing my "A" gear, once the enforcement stage begins..
It has taken me five+ years to outfit my #1 yak.
My "poaching" yak will be completely stripped down..
A bait tube (no live well), one rod (or) one hoop.

thats why i need some extra crappy yaks to put in harms way..
(and I will also be doing it again & again & again..)
maybe some good can come out of it 1 day in a lengthy appeal, truly exposing the corruption that has plagued this entire process..
it's going to take someone off the "take" though to acknowledge this...

Last edited by wade; 01-24-2011 at 04:52 PM.
Old 01-24-2011, 05:23 PM   #6
GregAndrew

I can see the headlines already. Man arrested for fishing with Pocket Fisherman from Boogie Board in Marine Reserve, news at 11. Might try one of the rental yaks with a heavy dose of insurance.
GregAndrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 05:49 PM   #7
wade

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregAndrew View Post
I can see the headlines already. Man arrested for fishing with Pocket Fisherman from Boogie Board in Marine Reserve, news at 11. Might try one of the rental yaks with a heavy dose of insurance.
HA!

Old 01-24-2011, 06:41 PM   #8
bus kid
Team Keine Zugehörigkeit

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade View Post
HA!

I bet you could heave that iron a country mile with bad boy, by the way if you need a camera man for your adventures I'm in.

Não alimente os trolls------------Don't feed the trolls---------------インタネット荒らしを無視しろ

bus kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 07:17 PM   #9
dniss

That is funny.

I'm with ya on your chosen form of protest. Think we should do it en masse.
dniss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 08:14 PM   #10
Politi-Cal
Junior

If you are serious I have a yak for you. PM sent.
Politi-Cal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 09:05 PM   #11
bubblehide

I think there's an easier way to protest. Head out with fishing poles, reels attached, no line on reels, or a hoop net, with the bottom cut out. There are no penalties for looking like your fishing, when your doing it with something that has no chance of catching anything. But I'll bet they'll be checking you anyway; especially if there are about 10 guys doing the same.
bubblehide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 09:09 PM   #12
Politi-Cal
Junior

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubblehide View Post
I think there's an easier way to protest. Head out with fishing poles, reels attached, no line on reels, or a hoop net, with the bottom cut out. There are no penalties for looking like your fishing, when your doing it with something that has no chance of catching anything. But I'll bet they'll be checking you anyway; especially if there are about 10 guys doing the same.
I was actually just thinking the same thing. It would definitely be funny.
Politi-Cal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 10:00 PM   #13
wiredantz
Currently @ MLO Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregAndrew View Post

I have a spare boogie board. LOL!!!!!

Here is the pocket fisherman:

http://www.walgreens.com/store/catal...sku=sku3346514

Ill make sure and leave the TV on Channel 11.
wiredantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 10:42 PM   #14
GregAndrew

That pic is killin me Wade lmao. I am up for a hookless iron fishing tournament.
GregAndrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 01:31 PM   #15
wade

ya that is an Original OG vintage pocket fisherman i was handed down..haahahahahhaa....Actually i am going to get real stupid this year, & try to fight a Yellow on a barbie "pole" or maybe i'll hand line him like i have in the past with Caribbean Barracudas, Cuban-Reel style..

the plans for the extra yaks are for serious fishing when i feel like hitting bird Rok/South or North of Scripts..& its game on for me..
Dinner is my main goal,... not malice. I dont intend, or much less want to be arrested. i just want my dinner table freshly stocked..but as far as what your takin about runnin an interference or throwing a wrench up in their game with no legal recourse,(sans hooks) i have MANY plans for that kind of f.u.n.!
Count me IN!

Can someone post the california address' of any MLPA, BRTF members & constituents', oceanfront properties, or pm me?
(preferably where they actually reside & not just own..) I got a little gift i want to bring them...
Btw, Is Laguna considered the holy grail out of all the new reserves?..
if not, which one is?

Last edited by wade; 01-25-2011 at 02:53 PM.
Old 01-25-2011, 01:54 PM   #16
dorado50

once closure is in effect I will still fish business as usual. If I catch a fish in closed waters and I know I am in closed waters I will most likely release that fish,because that is the true sense of poaching and therefore illegal on the books and in my mind. If I catch and keep fish that I presume to be in legal waters and a warden tickets me,well its off to court I go! As far as harrassing wardens,not such a good idea as you will be arrested for obstruction(or similar)and go to jail w/o a fish!!!
dorado50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 02:14 PM   #17
wade

If these reserves can be made illegally..two wrongs do make a right, Judge!?

Old 01-25-2011, 03:54 PM   #18
T Bone

976 tuna has had a few kiddie pole tournaments.3/4 day on the spitfire to catalina.they got into some 3-5# bonita the last time and my brother won with a bonie just under 5# on a spiderman rod.the vid is on youtube.I will see if i can hijack,uh I mean post it...

Ok so the link wont work for me.Try "Damon catching bonito on kiddie pole on youtube" you will hear spiderman pole scream bigtime.tourny was won later by a bigger model.My brother skippers the Freelance BTW if you recognize him...

"Who among you,if your son asked for a fish would give them a serpent " Jesus Matt. 7:10

Last edited by T Bone; 01-25-2011 at 04:05 PM.
T Bone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 08:17 PM   #19
Tman
BRTF...bought & paid...

I am with you Wade...

If I happen to hook a fish outside of the reserve and he ventures inside the reserve, I just plan to drag his exhausted ass out of the reserve before I land him. Problem solved.

And after albacore runs, all carcasses should be deposited on front lawns of BRTF members...to help fertilize their lawns...

Tman
Gaffer for Clay the Fishcatcher
Tman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 11:03 AM   #20
Siebler

Quote:
Originally Posted by T Bone View Post
976 tuna has had a few kiddie pole tournaments.3/4 day on the spitfire to catalina.they got into some 3-5# bonita the last time and my brother won with a bonie just under 5# on a spiderman rod.the vid is on youtube.I will see if i can hijack,uh I mean post it...

We actually had a Kayak tournament that Jim Sammons hosted called Fish Like a Kid. It was a long while back but everybody had to use Spongebob rods with the stock line on them and such. Believe you were allowed a certain length leader but that was it.

Tournament was one by a rockfish and some mackerel however I believe it was Todd (c-level) that got a Leopard shark that was around 5'. Unfortunately no sharks, skates, rays, or Calicos counted though. A lot of us got into some nice Cuda that were all just barely short as well.

Tournament was a blast and Benefited Children's Hospital.

Siebler is offline   Reply With Quote