Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports

Old 09-14-2017, 07:34 AM   #1
BigMikeSD
Junior

LJ 9/13/17

Started a little late at 6am easy as can be launch. No real strong current to speak of, a little windy around 9am then calm untill 11:30am.

Bait was scarce as were the rest of the fish. Started south and worked the edge up over the canyon. Commercial boat New Seaforth was searching the area and left with no action.

Had a seagull following within about 5 feet for a good while and the dogs to the north area were pretty aggressive, followed me and my buddy for a good hour and a half. Everyone seemed hungry.

Pulled in some Bonito on the sabiki even had a 2fer which was fun on a bass rod.
BigMikeSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 08:28 AM   #2
jbl_91762

Thanks for post. I thought of making the 1.7 hour drive down this weekend, but with your and others seems like the fish went elsewhere....better yet hope towards LA
jbl_91762 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 09:17 AM   #3
goldenglory18

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbl_91762 View Post
Thanks for post. I thought of making the 1.7 hour drive down this weekend, but with your and others seems like the fish went elsewhere....better yet hope towards LA
With the cooling temps, wouldn't they head South?
goldenglory18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 09:48 AM   #4
NICKWORN

HUH

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbl_91762 View Post
There's always fish in LJ, their not called HOMEGAURDS for nothing. Yes the bite will slow down as the weather cools, but me personally, i have caught my biggest YT during the fall and winter months. Just saying, put in the time, get rewarded with the prime!
NICKWORN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 10:37 AM   #5
BigMikeSD
Junior

Quote:
Originally Posted by NICKWORN View Post
There's always fish in LJ, their not called HOMEGAURDS for nothing. Yes the bite will slow down as the weather cools, but me personally, i have caught my biggest YT during the fall and winter months. Just saying, put in the time, get rewarded with the prime!
I'm sure they are there, I just didn't find them this time out. I'm new to the community, local, and just passing forward my experience to others.

2 weeks ago I was cranking in Bonito all day and my partner and I both landed yellows from the south.
BigMikeSD is offline   Reply With Quote