Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion

Old 03-29-2016, 10:45 AM   #1
dpasinli

RAM Transducer Arm Mount Fix?

I've been using this type of Transducer for the last few seasons; i like the option of a removable fish finder however, when connecting the Transducer to the Fish Finder (female part) I didn't line up the male and female parts correctly and bent one of the prongs (male parts) that inserts into the fish finder, sorry no pics.
Does anyone use this type of Transducer and has anyone ran into this problem? Or, do i need to buy a whole new transducer mount? any help is greatly appreciated. Tight Lines! dp.
dpasinli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 10:51 AM   #2
Starsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpasinli View Post
I've been using this type of Transducer for the last few seasons; i like the option of a removable fish finder however, when connecting the Transducer to the Fish Finder (female part) I didn't line up the male and female parts correctly and bent one of the prongs (male parts) that inserts into the fish finder, sorry no pics.
Does anyone use this type of Transducer and has anyone ran into this problem? Or, do i need to buy a whole new transducer mount? any help is greatly appreciated. Tight Lines! dp.
If I read correctly, are you talking about the actual plug on the wire to the fish finder? If so, the transducer arm should not have anything to do with it, its just a rigid arm with the wire zip tied or heat shrunk to it.
Starsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 11:53 AM   #3
dpasinli

yea your correct, the actual plug on the wire to the fish finder. so i need a new transducer then...?
Old 03-29-2016, 12:57 PM   #4
kirkdavis

Bent Pin

The "prong" you referred to is a pin which sends a signal one way or the other. If it is not broken you can try gently straightening it out. If it breaks when you try to straighten it you are probably out of luck unless you know somebody that repairs electrical plugs. Good Luck!
kirkdavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 01:02 PM   #5
Starsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpasinli View Post
yea your correct, the actual plug on the wire to the fish finder. so i need a new transducer then...?
You might be able to bend it back to position very carefully with a pin or paperclip. If not, you may need a new transducer.

On my raymarine, the pins are on the fish finder side, not the cable side, I hope this is not the case with yours because a broken or bent pin on the fish finder side is not easy to replace.
Starsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 01:16 PM   #6
dpasinli

Thanks guys, I'll have to double check when back at home; however based on you're help here I think i am screwed! Bummed!