Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-25-2014, 07:04 PM   #1
Cbad Mike

LJ 10/25

I got down to the launch at about 630 and it looked like everyone who owns a kayak was there. Ive never seen it so busy. I'm talking 10 trucks on the beach and more coming plus the early birds who were already out there. All those poor saps who actually think that there are fish in LJ don't have a clue. Those in the know know there aren't ever fish in LJ.
Anyway, my number one plan was to make bait for my lobster traps. I stayed around the kelp pulling in about 30 Spanish and 3 greenies for about an hour or so. My greenies started looking a little green so I wanted to atleast get them back in the water before they died. I paddled away from the kelp and into about 80ft before I dropped one down to the bottom. As soon as I felt my weight hit the sand my line started screaming. After 20 minutes of getting my but kicked and few jumps including one right next to me I grabbed the f#cker by its tail and gave it a slice. A fellow angler came by and offered to open my front hatch for me to stick the sharks head in so it wouldn't bite me. I said that sounds like a good plan. So with its head in the hatch and me sitting on its tail I head in making it an early day. Thanks Tanner for taking the picture.
Attached Images