Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-11-2017, 05:44 PM   #1
StumpFisher

New member, first report: nph 1/2/17

Hello everyone. I'm new to posting on the site.
I usually hit up the Orange County area with my boys. We mainly cruise the harbors in my inflatable sea eagle.

Here's a late report from 1/2/17

Took my middle son out on 1/2 since had the day off. Wasn't expecting much the day after New Years since it was cold and had just rained. Was sprinkling on and off all morning but made for a really nice sunrise launch.

Best part of the day was hardly anyone was out! The guy launching in the pic was one of a total of 3 people I saw out and all the big yachts stayed in port in seemed.

The fish were biting to my surprise. BH's were the ticket and also got one on a crank trolling back to the launch site. All spotties fair size.. All in all another good day with one of my boys.

A few of the better models:

I am currently looking to break free of the inflatable and get a new yak and
wanted some advice. I mainly fish with my boys but typically only bring out one at a time. They're not going to help contribute to paddling much and I will have to load and unload by myself. So I've done some research and I narrowed it to a Malibu or cobra tandem or something like a Malibu trio/x factor that has the gator hatch. What would you guys go for. I want something stable but don't want something too heavy and those are the lightest and most stable tandems I researched. But having a single yak with a jump seat may be nice as well. Haven't had a chance to demo yet but any advice appreciated.

Thanks!
StumpFisher is offline   Reply With Quote