Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-26-2009, 09:14 AM   #1
j mo

Fred Hall/ Cut to the chase.....

Heading to the show this afternoon and short on time. Anyone in particular have or see good deals on reels/rods. I'm helping a buddy re-outfit and don't have the time to wonder aimlessly(wish i did). So I thought I'd try to leverage the kind folk ( most of the time) on BWE

Sealine, Saltist or Torium maybe a baitcaster.....
THANKS!

Josh
j mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 12:08 PM   #2
B Slate

If you get a shimano torium, shimano will pay part of a trip for you. Not sure how much or for what boats but it is something to check out.
B Slate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 01:14 PM   #3
j mo

Thanks there is a lengthy thread on BD that has good info. It sounds like Baja Fish and Gear has/had the best deals. Big5 had some really good deals but it doesnt look like they are on the billing for SD.
j mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 10:15 PM   #4
PB fisher
feeesh

turners was pretty good- in the corner
PB fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 07:59 AM   #5
dsafety
Olivenhain Bob

There is a very functional $10 soft tackle bag that comes with two plastic tackle boxes at Turner's. Good design and great price.

I spent a little time with Capt. Brad Schnair at the HT booth. Brad has a new, (to me), line of iron that changes color under different lighting conditions. I don't know if these lures work but they look nice and Brad is very passionate about his product. I bought a few and will try them out.

Most of the other tackle that I saw at the show was for bigger game fishing. Not a lot of kayak focused stuff. There was a new peddle kayak on display with a propeller instead of the Hobie-style fins. Interesting but expensive.

Bob
dsafety is offline   Reply With Quote