Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-02-2018, 09:29 AM   #1
tennesseestud
Junior

I just hit that spot the first time yesterday launching from escondido beach, fished the kelp right off shore before heading out deeper to the 100s. Had a great trip and slayed the calico, maybe 12+, but they were all short. Caught a 22in barracuda too.

Im pretty new to the sport and just figuring things out as I go, but am trying to get my first yellowtail, or good size halibut out there. Is that possible in that area, and how deep do I have to go, or should I just stick to mostly chasing the bass? I have so much to learn out there but get better everytime I go. Ill definitely be back there again soon, thinking about sunday or monday,

I fish a 14' malibu tandem pro fish, I got a bait tank but think I have been using too big of mackerel as bait. I gunna try to get some of those medium anchovies out there next time.

Glad to see other people out in the same area, I leave from culver too.
tennesseestud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 09:39 AM   #2
tennesseestud
Junior

Whoops, Looks like I got the threads mixed up thought there was something about having to stay out of the preserve in Malibu... Ive only launched for the MDR a couple times and the wind was pretty bad, never made it much past the breakwall... Didnt have much luck
tennesseestud is offline   Reply With Quote