Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-27-2007, 09:26 PM   #1
fongman

LJ OEX Comes Through!

Upgraded my kayak at the last boat show and only now did I have a chance to take it to the ocean to see how it does in the waves and to see if the transducer was working properly.

In my haste, I forgot my paddle. I didn't figure that out until I had my yak on wheels, ready to go. Only had my license with me, but figured I'd drop by OEX to see if they'd loan me a paddle for a few hours.

Talked to Jesse and he said he could rent me one. He had that "too badl" look on his face when I told him I didn't have any money on me. When I told him I frequent the Rosecrans store, all of a sudden, I was as good as gold! He told me to grab a paddle and don't worry about leaving my drivers license. How cool was that. Moral of the story is: frequent your local stores and they will take care of you! Thanks, Jesse.
fongman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 08:33 AM   #2
jscott

I once forgot my paddle. As I live almost 3hrs away-- going back home was not an option. I was in town for 3 days-- I went to the OEX store...told them my situation==> and they let me rent a paddle for the whole time for like 10bucks. Made my trip. Cool.
jscott is offline   Reply With Quote