Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-15-2007, 12:09 PM   #1
out of reach

Cabo tomorrow

Bringing a couple rods and ganna try for whatever will bite inshore off a rented kayak. Bringing the sabiki rod a 30lb with tn20 and the bass rod. Bringing plastics, rapala's, yozuri's., crocodiles and maybee catch some live bait. Not bringing the jig stick, i'll have no rod holders to store all the rods and extra gear, traveling lite. Will be going off the beach in front of hotel row ( by the office ) and where I can reach by paddle.

What should I expect to catch?

Any last minute advice would be great.

Joe
out of reach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 01:02 PM   #2
gary sullivan

The barries are biting in the A.M. around 7 in front of the large condo. That is about the time the Dolphin and the New Seaforth half day boats show up to load their clients up on some easy fishing. The other game fish you'll have to work harder for.
gary sullivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 01:21 PM   #3
out of reach

Thanks for the response but I meant Cabo San Lucas
Old 07-15-2007, 06:20 PM   #4
dorado50

Maybe roosters and or sierras, best fishing for these two fish is on the pacific side, but not in a kayak. Long paddle south to find rock struture also. Kayaks are not so popular in cabo. Rent a panga to take the kayak offshore. Watch out for winds. I lived there for six years and don't ever remember seeing a yak on the water . Go to the east cape and have fun.
dorado50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 07:53 PM   #5
out of reach

I will be doing lots of fishing from a boat just wanted to give the kayak a shot for the heck of it. My group doesnt kayak so i'm not ganna bring one on the boat and make them deal with it, at least this time. I'll report back in a couple of weeks with maybee a little bit of good news or maybee not.