Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion

Old 04-09-2007, 08:03 PM   #1
rsimpson

East Cape Surf Fishing

My wife and I are heading to Baja in mid may and plan on spending the week camping between Cabo and La Paz. We plan on doing a good bit of surf fishing and may rent yaks for a day from Punta Colorada or Rancho Leonaro. If anyone has any good camping spots or other info (locations, tackle & lure suggestions, etc) about surf fishing this area I would greatly appreciate any help. I already own a copy of Baja Catch and have done a good bit of research.
rsimpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 07:31 AM   #2
dorado50

Thats really a good book. I would suggest those "lure-jensen" (product name) surface lures for rooster fish, white and red tipped work well. Also, a surf rod and reel to get the lure out there! Silver spoons (crocs) work good with sierras too. Camp out where the fish are!
dorado50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 07:19 PM   #3
rdahl

Chrome crocs are the bomb down there. Get em heavy enough to launch a long cast and use a fast retrieve. Just before sunrise is the best time. Every beach in that stretch is good. Look for coves where gamefish can trap the baitfish. You can camp anywhere in Mexico.
rdahl is offline   Reply With Quote