Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Buy, Sell, or Trade Kayak Fishing Gear

Old 09-21-2011, 01:43 PM   #1
dgax65
Guerro Grande

Stealth 14 for sale- fully loaded

For sale: Malibu Stealth 14 - fully loaded $750

This is the original MacGyverYak; a bomb-proof fishing battleship of extra-ordinary magnitude (KFM reference ). Color is hi-vis yellow.

Asking price of $750 includes the following:

Lowrance LMS-527cDF iGPS combo FF/GPS. This unit has a 5" X 5" (480X480 pixel) color display, internal 12 channel GPS antenna, 3KW (P to P)/375W RMS transducer, SD/MMC card slot for recording sonar tracks/data.

The unit is on a RAM mount, which allows it to be folded down, out of the way, for launches and landings.

Surf to Summit GTS Expedition seat. This is the most comfortable seat on the market (IMHO). Comes with a mesh pocket on the back. The seat anchor points have been reinforced and the seat has had aluminum stays installed.

Wilderness Systems alloy rudder kit. The rudder is a godsend in crosswinds. It allows you to concentrate on a steady, balanced paddle stroke; reducing exertion and increasing paddling endurance. The rudder system is very rugged and durable. I've made numerous surf landings with the rudder down and there isn't a mark on it. Rudder lines are 1.8mm Dyneema dinghy line. You can adjust the rudder lines by simply untying the line; no cable cutting/crimping necessary.

Fully plumbed, molded internal bait tank. The bait tank hatch has a circular 10" hatch for easier access. The tank pump is a 500gph Tsunami with a replaceable motor cassette. The pump runs off a dedicated 6v-12Ahr battery and has an adjustable flow nozzle. You can easily keep a dozen standard-size macs alive all day in this tank.

Battery box/power distribution unit: A waterproof case holds the 6V bait tank pump battery and a 12V-10Ahr battery for the FF/GPS and bilge pump. The PDU has a main power switch, switches for each load, waterproof fuse holders and completely labeled/insulated/corrosion-proofed wiring. The PDU has waterproof quick disconnects; allowing it to be easily removed from the kayak. Complete electrical schematic drawing will be included.

Rear hatch storage box: Custom drop-in/bolt-on storage box mounts to the angled rear hatch. The storage box allows access to the hull and has sufficient storage space for tackle and other gear. This leaves the rear tank well for completely open for stowing fish in a game bag. The storage box has 4 rod holders on the rear wall. (If you don't want the storage box I will remove it and cut $50 off the asking price)

Internal electric bilge pump: The 500gph Whale bilge pump is mounted horizontally on the keel under the seat. The overboard discharge line has a check valve and a Marlon mushroom thru-hull fitting. The power supply for the bilge pump is the 12V system. This ensures that, even if the bait tank battery has been fully run down there will still be power for the bilge pump.

Rod holders: There are 4 lightweight RAM composite rod holders (RAP-119) just aft of the seat. A single flush-mount rod holder is placed on the center console to hold your rod while gaffing or tying knots.

Deck fittings: There are multiple nylon eyelets located on or near all rod holders and at various places around the cockpit. It is all set up for leashing all of your gear. There is a heavy, reinforced SS U-bolt at the bow for towing or lifting. Additional SS U-bolts are mounted on the sides of the tankwell. These U-bolts can be used for towing another yak or clipping on a drift chute. An additional carry handle has been installed on the port side to facilitate carrying. All hull penetrations were Goop'd for waterproofing. The keel and stern have been protected with a skid pad. A thick layer of JB Weld and an aluminum strip have been applied to the keel to protect the hull when dragging across rough surfaces.

B/U magnetic compass: Ritchie magnetic compass is mounted at the forward end of the port footwell.

I will include an all-carbon, straight-shaft, 230cm Werner Camano paddle for an additional $75. The paddle is in excellent condition, with no chips, gouges or cracks. There is SOLAS reflective tape on the blades and shaft and the blades have additional reflective prism tape. This is a beautiful paddle that is very light and stiff. Using a carbon paddle can easily add a couple of hours to your endurance. If you want just the paddle, without the kayak, I will sell it for $100. No other items will be sold separately.

This is a large, stable kayak. It has a huge load capacity; more than enough for all my gear, my fat arse and a fish or two

There is a lot of time and money invested in this kayak. For what you are getting, it is quite a bargain. It is a good, sturdy yak that can provide somebody with years of paddling and fishing pleasure. PM me if you're interested. I could deliver the kayak to the San Diego area if necessary.

Thanks
Old 09-21-2011, 01:57 PM   #2
wiredantz
Currently @ MLO Territory

OMG THE SUBMARINE IS GOING FOR SALE!!!!!!!!!!! WHere were you when i bought my last two!!!

Where did you get the paddle bag at?

Last edited by wiredantz; 09-21-2011 at 03:31 PM.
wiredantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 03:17 PM   #3
wiseguy

WHAT A FREAKING DEAL!!!!! DAMMIT!
wiseguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 03:55 PM   #4
Siebler

Just the man-hours Doug put into the rigging are worth 5x what he is asking.

If you want a kayak that is done RIGHT this is it. And it has little use as well. 750 is beyond a steal guys.

Siebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 04:08 PM   #5
Drake

Sweet deal! I hate seeing S14's for so low =/

Makes my S12 worth even less
Old 09-21-2011, 06:10 PM   #6
KennyLee

PM sent
KennyLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 06:19 PM   #7
buttchaser
Float Tuber

Some one is going to get a great deal here .
buttchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 06:35 PM   #8
mazilla
advocatus diaboli

I'll take it!

If it's still available of course...

mazilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 06:54 PM   #9
RK

god im glad i sold mine two months ago, this is a smoking deal, the rigging alone is impressive........
RK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 08:02 PM   #10
dgax65
Guerro Grande

Sale pending

Thanks to all who have expressed some interest in the "yakko grande". I've got a buyer lined up for a Friday delivery.
Old 09-22-2011, 08:30 AM   #11
sammysamsam

Let me guess. You went with a PA also?
sammysamsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 11:54 AM   #12
dgax65
Guerro Grande

No Hobie for me. As long as I have two functioning arms I will continue to paddle a kayak. I love paddling as much as I love fishing, so I don't think there is any need to go over to the dark side.

I plan on leaving California in the near future and I'm not sure I'll need this type of yak where I'm going. I just wanted to sell it now, rather than being stuck with it when I move. Once I get wherever I'm going I'll decide what type of kayak I need. If it's near the gulf coast, where I can fish offshore, I likely will buy another X-Factor or Stealth. If it's somewhere in the Rockies then I will probably go with something better suited for just paddling.
Old 09-22-2011, 12:42 PM   #13
maui jim

Where ever you may roam....Happy trails, our friend..
Old 09-22-2011, 02:38 PM   #14
Razorback

Quote:
Originally Posted by maui jim View Post
Where ever you may roam....Happy trails, our friend..
X2

And I sure hope the new owner knows what a stellar boat he got.

Fair winds and following seas Amigo!

Razorback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 10:06 PM   #15
herbo

Good Luck on your future endeavors Doug...I still believe all the rigging you've done has been top secret government ideas.....H
Old 09-22-2011, 11:32 PM   #16
Striperman1018

Is it still for sale? Sorry if I missed the SOLD post.
Striperman1018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 05:00 AM   #17
dgax65
Guerro Grande

I'm taking it to the buyer in SD today.
Old 09-23-2011, 08:45 AM   #18
sammysamsam

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgax65 View Post
No Hobie for me. As long as I have two functioning arms I will continue to paddle a kayak. I love paddling as much as I love fishing, so I don't think there is any need to go over to the dark side.

I plan on leaving California in the near future and I'm not sure I'll need this type of yak where I'm going. I just wanted to sell it now, rather than being stuck with it when I move. Once I get wherever I'm going I'll decide what type of kayak I need. If it's near the gulf coast, where I can fish offshore, I likely will buy another X-Factor or Stealth. If it's somewhere in the Rockies then I will probably go with something better suited for just paddling.
Ah, had enough of cali huh? Makes sense.haha.

I drool over some of the fish the gulf coast guys catch. Good luck wherever you go.
sammysamsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 09:31 AM   #19
Caden
Homeless will fish 4 food

Wilderness Systems alloy rudder kit

Hi there! that a nice yak u have there and i have 1 question to ask u,ur wilderness systems alloy rudder kit is easy to install and where do u buy that as cause i have the same yak like u.

Thanks bro
Chau
Caden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 09:35 AM   #20
Siebler

Caden,

OEX/KFSupplies stocks these rudder kits. Install is fairly simple on a Malibu boat other than just needing to drill 2 new holes for foot braces (unless you want to do them how the Malibu kit does it.

I did 4 or 5 of these on Malibu kayaks while the Malibu kits were on backorder.

Siebler is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
stealth 14